Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

What's best online deal on on a T-Rex 450 V2 SE?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

What's best online deal on on a T-Rex 450 V2 SE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
CBR900RR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's best online deal on on a T-Rex 450 V2 SE?

I've found a deal for right at $300 including shipping but no blades or battery. Should I "jump all over this" or hold out?

Not in a huge hurry, just starting to educate myself and seeing what's out there. Only experience is with a CX2 but I feel pretty comfortable with it and want something bigger.

Thank you!!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Druss

Default RE: What's best online deal on on a T-Rex 450 V2 SE?

does it have the motor and esc?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
HeliSmith

HeliHobby has 10% off any Trex kit, they also have combo packages including the radio. You might get a better deal if you call them but you should figure out what combo(s) you would be interested in before you call though.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
CBR900RR

ORIGINAL: Druss

does it have the motor and esc?

Yes, both. Comes with Focus Shot13 (New 430XL 3700KV brushless motor) and Focus Shot15 (RCE-BL35X electronic speed controller). Does NOT include battery or blades however.

What do you think?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 PM
srouthouse

thats as good as it gets. shipped no blades no motor no esc was $245 [anywhere] so if your getting the 430xl and 35x for 300 shipped buy it!!! if your sure the trex is for you
Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 PM
CBR900RR

Not sure if it's right for me or not, I have 20 + years experience with planes and cars. 4 months experience with a CX2

It seems everyone says go with the SE V2, you won't regret it. I was seriously contemplating the Blade 400 but issues with weak servos, cheap looking transmitter has swayed me. Everyone says the T-Rex's are top of the line.

What do you recommend for a newbie like myself? I'm sure I'll crash it, would it be better to go with a lesser version of the T-Rex?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

I found mine on Central Hobby zone's ebay page for 380 shipped (Buy it now). Motor, Batt, ESC and CF blades were included. However, i don't believe the ebay sale is still on as i bought it 6 days ago.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

How much are carbon blades on average?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
BeavenX5

ORIGINAL: CBR900RR

Not sure if it's right for me or not, I have 20 + years experience with planes and cars. 4 months experience with a CX2

It seems everyone says go with the SE V2, you won't regret it. I was seriously contemplating the Blade 400 but issues with weak servos, cheap looking transmitter has swayed me. Everyone says the T-Rex's are top of the line.

What do you recommend for a newbie like myself? I'm sure I'll crash it, would it be better to go with a lesser version of the T-Rex?
I am also new to flying helicopter and just bite the bullet on a TRex450SEv2 a few weeks ago. Got it at Helidirect.com as you can do custom package and get 10% off on everything on it (DX7, GY401, etc..). Plus free shipping and excellent customer service.
Don't go with the Blade 400. A friend of a friend did this and is regretting not to have spent the extra money for the TRex. Go for the SEv2, you will not have to spend double later on to upgrade to the better aluminium head.
As far as the battery is concerned, the Align battery that sometimes come with the SEv2 is supposed to be worthless for the TRex and will puff in no time. I am keeping mine for use in my PZ t-28 only as the plane draws only 18A.
As for the blades, use the wooden blades at the beginning as they are only $10 versus $35 for the CF ones.
You see, your are not missing anything by not having the battery or blades with your deal

GO FOR IT...

Even if it is my fist heli, I am confident to be successful with it as I have many hours on the sim (G4 using the downloaded TRex 450SEv2 from knifeedge website swap pages). I am also finishing the RADD school program. [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]read about it here[/link]The RADD technique allows you to build your confidence and skills before your fist actual flight. This should be in a few days if weather pemits. Whish me luck

PS: don't forget to look at all of Finnless' Bob videos before and while building and setting-up your T-Rex [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373]download them here[/link] . You need to register (free) before you can download them but his site is full of good info.

Good luck.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
smokinxtreme
My Feedback: (1)

just go check out WWW.ALLERC.COM best deal i got so far.................................
Old 04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: CBR900RR

I started out with about 5 months on my CX2 before I bought my first TREX v2. Get it, enjoy the build and happy flying!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:37 PM
polkchop

Jump all over this deal it is a great deal.I just ordered mine this morning.The way I look at it is that you can get whatever type of blades and battery you want for the same price I just cant wait till I get mine.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Yaniel

i bought one on ebay from allerc came out to 305 shipped to my door, no main blades, no battery. everything else new and sealed. perfect condition, fast shipping. bought a few sets of woodies and i was good to go. if you're just learning, you'll prefer the wood blades, since 11.99 hurts less than 35.00 every crash!