Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 T rex 450 sa problems >

T rex 450 sa problems

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T rex 450 sa problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:50 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T rex 450 sa problems

Hi im new to the t rex and im having a couple problems.
When i give my t rex throttle in regular mode the tail wants to spin counter clock wise. Plus my servo isnt returning back to nutral pos, its not stripped.

Another thing is that when i fly in stunt mode it doesnt want to spin counter clock wise its steady.

Also when i switch out of stunt mode my helicopter jumps up really fast.

How can i fix all of this... thank you
Brad
Old 09-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T rex 450 sa problems

You should do a google search for the finless videos watch some of the trex 450 set-up videos. The pitch curvers for idle up 1 should be the same on the upper end as normal. When you flip the switch to idle up 1 you are getting a pitch change and you shouldnt. What gyro are you using sounds like you may have the direction reversed. During your bench set-up stand behind the heli after you turn it on and it has time to set the gyro in heading hold mode, With your throttle hold on for safety move the tail left and right and check the direction of the tail blades, They should move the opposite direction you are moving the tail. So the blades are trying to correct the movement.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: T rex 450 sa problems

If it holds in stunt mode the gyro probably isn't reveresed, it probably needs the gain set for each flight mode.

What radio are you using?

The servo behavior is normal, in heading hold mode the gyro is waiting for the heli to do what its told, since its sitting on the bench the gyro assumes it needs to hold the pitch there till the tail moves.