Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

SMOKED HS-5065!!!

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

SMOKED HS-5065!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMOKED HS-5065!!!

SO....during my set up last night I forgot the heli on while watching finless' videos and jermo's videos on how to set up my DX7 and one of the cyclic servos was maxed out but not making and noise and all of
a sudden here comes the smell and the rolling smoke![:@] Obiously my mistake.

Just wondering how Amainhobbies.com will handle the RA or if any of you have had any experiance with returns/warranty with them????
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: SMOKED HS-5065!!!

if you still have the receipt than you should be able to exchange it. i dont buy my servos online. i got em at my LHS and anytime i have a problem i just bring it back and said this one is fried and they give me another. no other explanations is needed
Old 02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: noobflyer01

if you still have the receipt than you should be able to exchange it. i dont buy my servos online. i got em at my LHS and anytime i have a problem i just bring it back and said this one is fried and they give me another. no other explanations is needed
I do the same thing ,just take it back.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
TIA

Either way you should be ok. But give them a call so you know what to expect.

Say, where do you find the finless videos?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
TIA

Found it.

Good ol' Google!

http://www.helitown.com/VedeoInstruc...yBobWhite.html
Old 02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
u)

I know about online.... TRUST ME i have several other posts venting about people who purchase on line but I am being "that guy" just like my name states because my "local" hobby shop is an hour and a half away and doesnt stock any of the servos or radio that i needed, there into planes and cars only and the economy around upper michigan is so bad and the hobby is pretty dead up here so they only stock the cheaper servos and the highest radio they stock is a dx5. So if they have to order it then i have to drive back here 1.5 hrs then there to get it 1.5 hrs and back here again 1.5 hrs ......... you see where this is going i mise well use the gas money for 2nd day air UPS. I hate it and feel bad about buying online but i did spend $400 last time i was there (local shop) for some plane things and a new traxxas slash.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:41 PM
u)

Finless' videos are on helifreak.com
Old 02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
u)

Well it happened.......... I always laugh at people that buy online and get burned, and it happened to me. Amain doesnt handle any warranties. So i contacted HiTEC directly and had to print out the warranty form and fill it out then ship it to them (5-7 days) then they look at it (3-5 days more) then they either replace it or repair it and ship it back to me (5-7 days). So basicly its gonna be a month before i get it back.

Screw it i will just buy another to use in the mean time and when the other comes back i will just have a spare. I need to order a different tail servo anyways because my GY401 came with the 9254 which is WAY TOO BIG (didnt realilize it should have done more research)
Mr. Impatient

Which is a better tail servo, futaba 9650 or 9257? the 9257 seems really popular, and others have mentioned the JR3500G.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well technically any warranty work is the responsibility of the manufacturer, so your experience is to be expected.

While there was ONE hobby shop in my area who MIGHT have exchanged a defective if it was brand new, like you took it home and it didn't work so you brought it back the next day, it wasn't common.

Hitec is good to take care of issues, sometimes even if it's obvious you screwed up but don't count on that. I too am now in the position of having to go online for stuff as we're down to a HobbyTown and an car shop around here so if I need heli parts or especially stuff for my GS "planks", it has to be ordered.

Don't apologize for getting stuff online unless you then expect the LHS to provide assistance and/or support, that's not part of the deal.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 AM
u)

Obviously i would never even bother to ask them for help with a product that i didn't buy from them. It doesn't work that way