Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Dampers

Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dampers

What are the flight differences using different dampers. Are there different recommendations for inexperienced learning to fly pilots than for experts. I am just getting started and have stock dampers in my 450 and my 500 and have Trueblood greens for both hanging on the wall. Which are best for me and why?

Should I get the feathering shaft sleeve and damper set for my 500.

Jim
Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: Dampers

As for which is best for you, well try both and see what you like.

Harder dampeners are better for 3D, they help keep the blades and the boom from becoming one during more violent manuvers. They offer more crisp cyclic response as well. The down side is you need to run a higher head speed or the head will wobble.

Softer dampeners are better for general sport flying and scale and they run lower head speeds w/o wobbling.

Think of it like a car suspension, a tight suspension lets you feel the road and have very precise control if you're racing but it's not very comforable for cruising.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dampers

I don't have a way to determine my head speed. The 500 has a Scorpion 3026-1400 with a 14t pinion on 6S 35C batteries.

Sounds like maybe stock dampersfor now would be best for me. Thanks.

Jim