Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Programming help for Trex 600 >

Programming help for Trex 600

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Programming help for Trex 600

Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming help for Trex 600

My Trex is 100% ready, with the exception of transmitter programming. I'm just a little bit lost as to how to program I did research, and put everything in, however I have no idea what I'm missing and what is incorrect.

-Should the tail rotor be level when the rudder is at neutral stick? It seems as though the rudder travel to the right is minimal, and the travel to the left is great. I put in a -100% and 30% end point adjustment directly into the gyro to keep the rotor from binding when full right rudder was given.
-I'm pretty certain my pitch and throttle curves are setup for a beginner (40%, 45%, 50%, 75%, 100% for pitch; 0%, 50%, 80%, 90%, 100% for throttle) - my throttle hold is at -5%. How does this look?
-I'm aware that the gain in the transmitter is not always the gain that the gyro receives. I programmed 36% gain into my transmitter, however my gyro shows that as 21%. Should I increase the transmitter gain so the gain on the gyro shows the ideal 32%? (A friend rold me 32% is common for -Trex 600s, but it may vary a little)
-My swash plate kept hitting the rotorhead when a linear pitch curve was programmed, so I reduced the swash plate to 50%. Now that I have edited the pitch curve, there is plenty of room for the swash plate. Should I increase the swash plate to 60% or 80%?
-Is it a good idea to put in expo and dual rates?

I recorded a short 1080p two minute video of my gyro and transmitter settings here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWj-SuvJnGY[/youtube]

I really appreciate you taking a couple moments out of your day to help. Unfortunately there are no clubs around, and RCGroups has proven to be a lost cause as far as heli help is concerned.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming help for Trex 600

First, things First. What kind or radio do you have ? If it's a Dx6i I can help walk you through the Tx set up. If not go to Heli Freak & review Tx set up on how to videos done by Finnless. Are you 100% sure all of your mechanical setup is correct per the build manuel. If not nothing you do with the Tx will make a differance. Double check everything first.
If you want, You can e-mail me direct [email protected]
Jimmy R