Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-Rex Relic

Old 08-27-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex Relic

Hello guys, I'm a newbie to this forum and the sport. I bought my first heli a month ago. I sent it back today without putting the battery in it. It was a Dynam E-Razor. A great looking heli with metal parts, but after visiting the support forum at xheli, I decided to send it back.

A couple of days ago, a friend gave me an older T-Rex 450. As best I can tell, it is the original T-Rex "X" model. Suppliers no longer handle parts for this version. Have any of you tried to update this "antigue" to a modern version? I would like to explore this move before shopping for a new heli. I've provided a link to a photo.

Please advise, blufrog

Old 08-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Default RE: T-Rex Relic

Looks like a SA to me if it is Any X, XL V1 parts will fit I have a 450that started life as an SA now it's a V1/V2
Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM

Thanks augerin2, your is the first reply that has given me any hope of an upgrade! Is there a supplier where I can find these older parts? Is there some kind "conversion list" availablethat would tell mewhat needs to go and what can stay?

blufrog
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM

That's not an SA, it's an XL HDE. One of the few places that still stocks a limited number of parts for it (that I can recall) is GrandRC.com and HeliHobby.com both out of California. There are plenty of parts that will cross over (like the head and tail parts). Things like the pitch arm (the one that looks like the older Raptors) are exclusive to the older 450 helicopters. There may also still be a kit to upgrade to CCPM. PM if you need more info, I started out with this helicopter, now it's a 450 V 123
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Cool bird man.  Congrats.  With an Align heli, you definitly have a quality piece.  I can vouch for the great customer servie at grandrchobby.  Give them a call and they can probably tell ya which parts are compatible.  I am sure there are a lot parts that are.  Good luck man and again, cool Trex.