Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Magnum XLS 91A BB

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 11:38 PM
rsieminski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum XLS 91A BB

Magnum XLS 91A BB 14x6 MAS "K" 10.5K Stock muffler 3%N, 18% (50/50)
This was richened up, I did not tach it at peak. The engine had 5, 5 min RICH runs, with 10 min cool down in between, for break-in. Break-in was with 5%N, 22%O(60% Castor/40% Coopers Blend Synthetic).
Bore (mm) 27.5
Stroke (mm) 26.0
Practical r.p.m. 2,000-12,000
Power (b.h.p.) 2.8
Weight (gram/ounce) 672g/ 23.7oz
Normal Propeller 13x6, 14x5

It's the size and weight if a light .61, but gobs more power. Excellent transition, idles with the 14x6 at 2200 RPM (it vibrates a lot though), 2600 RPM is better. Only I thing, right out of the box, the idle needle was way too lean, which made starting and break-in difficultly. I adjusted it 2 turns out from closed, and now after it's primed, it'll start first flip. Hot restarts were no problem. This engine is very tight, I lubed it up at first with after run oil.

I have 3 Mag's and all three have performed just like the same displacement FX engines.

The link:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/210806.asp