Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Moki 61 LS w/pipe

Old 02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
jgs77
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 61 LS w/pipe

Any readings for this engine? Mine should be arriving shortly. Will post the results. Any prop recommendations?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Moki 61 LS w/pipe

I have a Moki 61 that I haven't fired up yet but am interested as well about what prop it will swing at what rpm. I don't think they are all that powerful but don't know. I will say if you want good power at a cheap price get a Super Tiger 90, the little engien is powerful.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Buzz, I have the LongStroke version, don't knock it until you check this out. http://www.justengines.unseen.org/moki61.htm
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

That is the exact aritcle I read just before buying the engine. I bought mine a few years ago with plan but haven't gotten around to them.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 PM
jgs77
My Feedback: (1)

My engine just arrived. Its actually a Mark 61 that I got off Ebay for about 100 bucks new. I kind of wish I had picked up two for that price. This is a beautiful piece of machinery to behold - makes my 61FX look like a high school shop project. The box says made by Moki in Hungary and the seller verified for me that it is basically the EXACT same motor. My first test will be with an O.S. 61 muffler and then a with tuned mousse can and then a pipe. I think I'm going to prop it and set the pipe for torque so I can see if it comes anywhere near some of the other LS pattern engines like the YS or O.S. RF. I know a cheap punched out 90 like the ST will out pull it but the intent here is to abide by displacement constraints where applicable in the sport. Any one have suggestions on break-in for this engine? Its got a ringed piston but with a brass chromed liner (also, vague instructions). It doesn't have a pinch at the top - so I'm guessing the typical ringed break in will work?