Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

SOLUTION - ? How To Mix Elevator > Flap TTX650 ?

Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLUTION - ? How To Mix Elevator > Flap TTX650 ?

Wing setup is 2Al 1FL, servos in ch.1 and ch.6. I can get flaperons and differential ailerons but I can't seem to figure out how to mix elevator to flap so as to get flap opposite to elevator to assist in square corner maneuvers. Haven't been able to program a mix to accomplish this. Can you help?

Thank you.

Tepid Pilot

ps - TTX650 is a pretty cool product. I like mine real well.

GOT IT!! Thank you Bax, er... Bill. You got me pointed in the right direction. See third post for what I did.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SOLUTION - ? How To Mix Elevator > Flap TTX650 ?

You'll need to use two of the mixes. One will be elevator->aileron (channel 1), and the other will be elevator->channel 6 (2nd aileron channel).
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Bax

You'll need to use two of the mixes. One will be elevator->aileron (channel 1), and the other will be elevator->channel 6 (2nd aileron channel).
Thanks, Bill. Turns out you were partly right.

Short version is only one program mix is needed: Elevator (Ch2)-> Ch6, with both the L&R rates set to +XX%, no offset. I use 100% for now, pending flight tests. This applies when the flap setting is 2AI 1FL, right aileron is Rx Ch1, left is in Rx Ch6. I have no personal knowledge of what happens when using the other flap settings.

Longer version is, after trying what seemed like an infinite number of permutations and combinations of L & R and +XX% & -XX% using the mixes you suggested, and only ever getting the aileron channel to cooperate but only in one direction, e.g. up elevator/down flap but down elevator down flap, and the Ch6 flaperon feebly waving in one direction or the other, all the while with the ailerons and flaperons continuing to function normally, I got crazy and went way out. Eventually, I wound up with two mixes, both Ch2 -> Ch6, one set to L +100%, the other to R +100%, and BINGO! From there it was a short, sane leap to combining the L&R settings to just one mix, and deleting the superfluous one.

Now I have what I originally sought, flaperons with settings for off, reflex (just a pinch), and flaps, along with the elevator -> flap mix for really, really square corners.

It is my fervent hope that this experience can help other folks.

TP

Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 AM

thanks tepid for the information. For the above setup does your plane actually have 2 seperate aileron connections or are they on a y harness?

I ask since I have a flyzone acrowot that uses a y harness for ailerons, and I wanted to see about having flaperons for landings. Keep it up and you will become the go to guy for ttx650 setups<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ncsky

thanks tepid for the information. For the above setup does your plane actually have 2 seperate aileron connections or are they on a y harness?
Each aileron must be plugged into a separate channel in order for the flaperons to work. I have the right aileron in Ch.1, the left aileron in Ch.6, and the wing setting at 2AI 1FL. A y harness won't do because it can only be plugged in to a single (aileron) channel.

Post #90 in this thread [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1830737[/link] has a more complete description.

Also, it pays to keep notes when you are assigning features to switches. Don't ask me how I know.

TP
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 AM

<div style="text-align: left;">thanks for the information</div>