Community
Search
Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Tactic 850 on five cells?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 10:43 PM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tactic 850 on five cells?

What are the pros and cons of using 5 cells instead of 4? Looks like it might fit and it is under the 7 volt maximum. I am so used to 9.6 volt transmitters that 4.8 volts scares me a little.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:40 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not have access to the schematics for the transmitter but; from an engineering standpoint, this would not be a good idea. Power output is limited by law (at least in the USA) and this is usually done by the design using the voltage stated by the designer. Any increase in voltage will not increase the power as the voltage to the final is limited by the circuit design. All the excess voltage will do is dissipate unwanted heat and strain on the components used to regulate the power output. In short, the added cell will have adverse effect on reliability and life span. I'm sure if this is wrong, you will get a response from the manufacturer rep or other knowledgeable source.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The transmitter comes with a 4-cell battery pack. Don't use one that's different. A 5-cell pack will deliver too much voltage. Using one may damage your transmitter and will certainly void any warranty.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 AM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the excellent answers. The 5 cell looked like it might fit, but it wouldn't. So I'm a happy 4.8 flyer.