Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

question on BFX w/titan motor upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM
oquela

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on BFX w/titan motor upgrade

Has anyone here ever upgraded the xtreme w/the titan 12t 550 and xl5 ESC? In general, the shaft is longer on the 550 than on the stock motor, and I'm afraid it will bang on the other side of the transmission, opposite the mounting hole.

1)Does it need to be cut? if so, how do I do it w/o damaging the shaft?
2) the shaft on the 550 has a stop (for the pinion) that is further away from the body of the motor. does this have to be ground down, or should I just turn the pinion w/the set screw on the outside?
3)Do I need any mounting rings or anything else?

Thanks for the help!

PS: sorry but I dbl posted, since I didn't know which forum it belonged in....my apologies in advance.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: question on BFX w/titan motor upgrade

If you flip the pinion, the gears may not line up well. I would do what this guy did; use washers between the motor and motor mount to keep the shaft from hitting the gearbox wall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W55doLqb_98
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
oquela

Default RE: question on BFX w/titan motor upgrade

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that video but didn't know if he used a washer or motor mounts. Thanks again.