Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Tamiya TNX

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TNX

I was ready to buy an HPI Savage off ebay, but was outbid by a few dollars at the last second. Do you guys think that the TNX is a good truck? I have a great deal on one. What should I do? Is it durable? I know it is fast, but how is it when it comes to durability? Can it handle jumps well? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:28 PM
BAMF90

Default RE: Tamiya TNX

Anyone?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Haldir

It's a very good truck, wait for the .32 TNX.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:48 PM
BAMF90

I don't want the .32 because I have a budget, and well this is my first truck. So it's either a Savage off of ebay, or a TNX off of Ultimate Hobbies.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Bria1

The TNX is an awesome truck. It is very fast, jumps great, is very durable, and handles very well. The only downside for me is there are no parts available locally, so they all have to be ordered online.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:09 PM
BAMF90

Well for me, finding parts doesn't matter because the nearest hobby shop from me is like 30-45 minutes away(pretty far), and plus then don't carry Tamiya products(sadly). Well they do, but only electric.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
stingray5280

GO to tamiyatrucks.com and ask them....
Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The taniya TNX is well worth what they are asking at ultimate hobbies for it. Its tough truck, easy to tune, fast has great suspension. Over my savage and my TNX I'll take the TNX any day. Do you want a savage? I'll sell you mine for 325.00 its like new and comes with a new 3spd you must install it though. The motor is new to also, I cartwheeled it off of a small jump broke the engine loose from the mount and put a hole in the block. Like I said it has very little run time on it. Its hard to tell it from a new one.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:50 AM
chris960

The tnx is a great truck fast& durable.I live 65 miles from lhs so with the price of gas it's cheaper to order from tower parts
express or there's lot's of parts
cheap on e-bay.The tnx O.S. engine
is very easy to tune.It hauls this
big 1/8 scale monster around with no problem.This truck has to be one of the best bang for the buck out there for the price of used you can have a brandnew truck.
GO TNX.!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
chris960

The tnx is a great truck fast& durable.I live 65 miles from lhs so with the price of gas it's cheaper to order from tower parts
express or there's lot's of parts
cheap on e-bay.The tnx O.S. engine
is very easy to tune.It hauls this
big 1/8 scale monster around with no problem.This truck has to be one of the best bang for the buck out there for the price of used you can have a brandnew truck.
GO TNX.!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 PM
xtmbasher

Well let's start out by saying this, for the money TNX rules I have had a few and definitely will not dawg them out. I have had my tnx rolled by an oncoming revo he made it I kept going and then beat him around turn 3 some doubles. Both completely reliable vehicles and mine was cheaper. RC vehicles a this level are mind blowing. Get the vehicle you want if the TNX fits your budget then get it but learn how to tune it and take care of it. ROCK on race what you want let no one else stand in your way, each vehicle has its up and downs. THE BIG THING IS GET OUT THERE CHEW UP SOME FRIGGIN SOD AND GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go through the posts on rcuniverse and learn from the BEST in the BIZ.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:48 PM
hallfactor323

Attention all TNX experts. what can I do to keep my tie rods from coming off. as soon as i land from a jump i have to snap them back on. it gets annoying when you are in the middle of a race. is there any suggestions i love tis truck and talk it up to all the guys i run with but when they are doing lap after lap i am constanly snapping my tie rod back on. if any one can help i would appreciate it thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 08:04 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: hallfactor323

Attention all TNX experts. what can I do to keep my tie rods from coming off. as soon as i land from a jump i have to snap them back on. it gets annoying when you are in the middle of a race. is there any suggestions i love tis truck and talk it up to all the guys i run with but when they are doing lap after lap i am constanly snapping my tie rod back on. if any one can help i would appreciate it thanks
Have you tried replacing the rod ends with some captured links from Dubro?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:22 PM
ThermalRD

I replaced my rod ends with GS brand rod ends. They worked great. Most guys just switch to Traxxas rod ends. The Dubro are very long, and require some dremeling to get the proper length.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:30 PM
secretsg

Use Traxxas or OFNA rod ends. Either that or get the GPM Titanium Turnbuckle set.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM
hallfactor323

thanks for the help guys do you have any links on these I don't even have a tamiya dealer in my state so i have to get everything on the net. also any other upgrades you feel i should seriously invest in throw the ideas my way. everything i have on the tnx is stock except i put bow ties on it. thanks again
Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 PM
hallfactor323

one more thing i went on tower hobbies site. and looked at the traxxas rod ends the connectors look diff, but i don't have my truck with me to compare. do the rod ends just snap over the tnx ball, or do i have to replace the whole thing. thanks again
Old 07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
hallfactor323

o.k. seriously this is the last question. i need some different shock ideas, i want something that is going to fit without making any mods, also does anyone recommend the pillow ball susp kit that i have seen for thr tnx, I really want alum. my prob is that my shocks just separate at the boot where they are threaded in i am assuming it is because one is plastic and one is metal, any fixes on this. thanx
Old 07-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Bria1

Use the balls that come with the traxxas rod ends. You'll need 1-2 washers between them and the knuckle to get proper alignment so you don't get bump steer and also to keep the rod ends from hitting the knuckle and bending.

For shocks you can use traxxas big bores, Monster GT shocks, or proline powerstrokes if you can find them.

For the PBS, I hear it really helps the handling and steering, but it isn't as strong as stock.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Combatcm

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWT4&P=7

Buy 2 sets of these shocks

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLJ5&P=Z

Then a set of these to put one inside each shock to limit down travel

But any buggy front shocks plus 1 of those rubber limiters will work.

try ebay for other shocks, those are kind of expensive
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
delorean123

Kinda need a hand here boys..(And girls)...My Tamiya TNX 5.2R..Eats clutch's like a mad man...Why..??