Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > Tank Classified Ads
Reload this Page >

Full metal tiagen tiger 1 late with tiger1 early for parts

Community
Search
Notices

Full metal tiagen tiger 1 late with tiger1 early for parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 12:39 PM
gabbyb3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full metal tiagen tiger 1 late with tiger1 early for parts

Keeping a few if my tanks, tbese 2 need a good home!
1 tiger 1 full metal with a plastic early version for parts
early version has steel gearboxes i was going to swap out
2.4 radio and battery included Asking 325 for both and will split shipping to lower 48 states
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2019580   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2019582  
Old 08-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

just put these so i could see them better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger late.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	2019670   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2019671  
Old 08-03-2014, 05:38 PM
gabbyb3

lol. Dam I didn't see they were sideways!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 AM
ApexMatrix

pm sent
Old 08-11-2014, 08:38 AM
ApexMatrix

Payment sent.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:28 PM
ApexMatrix

Just a little update and review here.

I received my tanks on Saturday 8/16/14 which I consider fast shipping.

Communication was a little slower than I'm used to with ebay but I understand work and life get in the way especially when you are trying to move to a new home as Gary is and, once I got his email, communication speed was fast. This is also the first time I've ever bought through a forum so I had a million questions, which he endured, so nothing negative really to say about communication.

The products were as described and he threw in some extras I wasn't expecting even after I already paid him. The deal Gary gave me was second to none.

The Plastic Tiger 1 Early "parts" tank:
It is actually a fully functional tank except missing a speaker and an extra controller. I have nothing but good things to say about this tank. It's in excellent condition, has all the accessories from what I can tell, and runs great. It's not really plastic either, it has a metal hall, cannon, drive wheels, and idle wheels. It even has all steel gears which Gary planned to switch over to the metal tank. I think I'll leave them be as I'll be keeping this tank as my own and slowly upgrading it past the level of the metal tank which is a gift for my boy.

The All Metal Tiger 1 Late tank:
What can I say? I mean it's a beast! One cool thing I didn't expect is the metal turret turns 360 degrees. That helped make it fun to run around the office today, shooting bb's at my co-workers. I love it and my boy will most certainly love it when I give it to him this Saturday for his birthday, that is, if I can see my way clear to let it go.
The only bad things I have to say about the metal tank is:
1) That one small plastic tube like piece broke off during shipping which I can't fault Gray with, he had these guys packaged up good each in their own box. Plus, my boy will never know it's missing and the main reason I wanted the all metal tank for him was because I knew he'd put it through the ringer, so that piece was bound to come off sooner or later anyways.
2) It's a litter rougher looking than it seemed in the pictures and the custom paint job is not very good in my opinion. Nothing major is wrong cosmetically, you can just tell it's been used but that's not a bad thing for a tank I suppose. Weathered is the term used here, right?
3) It's missing a lot of it's accessories (as shown in the pic) but Gary hooked me up with the driver dude (among other things) which my boy will appreciate, and my boy will never miss things like a tiny shovel he'd be bound to lose anyways.

These are very minor things which only an adult eye, who shelled out way more than his significant other wanted him to, would notice. Any imperfections, if noticed at all by my boy, will be lost in the awe and excitement of this metal monster powering on for the first time! Plus I feel like I got 2 tanks for the price of one.

This will be an epic birthday gift for my son. I'm hoping the hobby can be something we can do together, which is an even better gift to me. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I want to thank Gary for it. I would definitely buy from him again and recommend others do the same!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
gabbyb3

Thanks and enjoy...