Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

mgt - savage(speed and toughness)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:44 AM
JumboClutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt - savage(speed and toughness)

i know there is a lot of mgt savage threads but i couldn't find an answer to my question.i will but my first nitro mt.first of all which one is the best savage x 4.6 or xl 5.9.which one has reverse? and which one is faster mgt or savage?i heard savage is tougher how high jumps can mgt resist?and what about the fuel consumption which one uses more fuel and which one has a longer runtime?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Voxmagna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mgt - savage(speed and toughness)

i know there is a lot of mgt savage threads but i couldn't find an answer to my question.i will but my first nitro mt.

1•first of all which one is the best savage x 4.6 or xl 5.9.
2•which one has reverse?
3•which one is faster mgt or savage?
4•i heard savage is tougher how high jumps can mgt resist?
5•what about the fuel consumption which one uses more fuel and which one has a longer runtime?

(ALL comments are based on your current posted location) For a city, you guys have allot of dirt lying around [8D]

1: I own an prefer the savage XL. -its has a longer chassis. -Comes stock with a 3-speed tranny and 5.9cc engine.

2: NONE, reverse is optional. the 4.6 is 2-speed while the XL 5.9 is 3-speed. “just forget about it”

3: AE MGT4.6cc vs Savage 4.6cc are on Equal grounds when it comes to speed. AE MGT8.0 VS savage XL 5.9 mgt wins this one in acceleration++++ speed+++ and torque++++ (actual this is and unfair comparison the mgt8.0 is a torque monster nothing of its scale comes close)

4: -Yea not much to compare here the Savage TVP vertical style chassis is untouchable. Anyway, what protects the truck the most* is it unique active front and rear bumper system. It adsorbs impacts from, head-on crashes, falls and rolls very well.

-THE AE MGT is a durable truck and is as good as the driver . I love the thing but dont expect to be anything like the savage. If you are unlucky like me, and crash in to a parked CAT backhoe rear-tire at 20+mph* you will destroy your front bumper*. skid-plate* and front shock-tower. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpc4_ODWc4]MGT Flght/jump test VIDEO[/link]

5: “what about the fuel” If this worries you buy a Baja 5b, 5t/sc or losi 5iveT.
The MGT8.0 is a gas guzzler +++
The HPI XL 5.9 drinks gas +++-
The MGT4.6 and savage 4.6 are ok never timed it +++++

If your a beginner to the nitro truck hobbies i would highly suggest the MGT8.0 easier to tune, start, simple as simple can be to WORK-ON/Repair (hpi is a pain)