Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 8.0 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:16 PM
flameash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8.0 won't start

Hello, me and then my brother bought two new trucks HPI Bullet ST 3.0 (for my brother) and MGT 8.0 (for me) and we both start having problems. I out a new post about HPI already, so this post about MGT 8.0. Where's my brothers truck stopped running due to my messing with HSP and LSN, the thing with Associated is that I can't finish brake in process because it won't start. Actually it does start some times but will not keep running even on idle, even for 5 seconds. When I just got it out of the box it did start and kept running for 3/4 of first tank then stopped and since then I can't get it running. On stock settings or little adjusted it's all the same. Changed glow plugs, checked filter, seems there is no air leaks (but I will double check), etc. This is very frustrating, been trying to get that truck running for 3 days on and off. Any thoughts?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: MGT 8.0 won't start

Check your directions for the needles settings for breakin, then make sure that's where they're set...If fuel is running out of the pipe and it's not starting your too rich, and if there's no fuel coming out it's probably too lean.....
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 AM
flameash

Default RE: MGT 8.0 won't start

Thanks for your reply. I go back to stock settings. Same thing happened, as for the liquid coming out of the pipe it comes out steady and sometimes too much. At the same time it sounds and looks like the engine is not getting fuel so i am assuming that there is a air leak somewhere so I'll go over it again tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for the reply.