Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

hey, I know it's only $6 but don't ever send cash - make sure you get a money order, it's worth the buck and you'll have proof that you payed ..... sounds like a great deal on the pipe though[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

if only my mom would let me

anyways, ducked.... youre insane 5 horses on an mgt??? what are you going to do with that? the only reason i can think of is bragging rights[sm=lol.gif]
lol.... maybe a little[8D] no, it's just fun to be creative with this stuff, that's the main reason I'm so into this hobby .... and power is good

I'll be getting an extra chassis so that when (if I ever have a chance) I get into racing, I'll be able to swap - if even needed of course, I'm not sure how this is gonna turn out yet
Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 AM
cookie monster

the guy selling the pipe said it wont be worth it for me to send a money order because he lives in california and it will cost him more in gas than he makes to go get it cashed. i know what your sayin about sendin out money because my aunt sent out like a $100 to 3 of her neices and nephews for graduation and none of them got it.[]
Old 07-19-2006, 07:45 AM
cookie monster

hey guys theres a new forum that is in its beginning stages so if anyone would like to come on over and help it get going heres the link. i started the monster gt forum so we could have one over there too

http://unlimitednitros.freeforumhost...s-about74.html
Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
jgibson2476

hear is a pic of my race mgt

http://atownmilisha.proboards98.com/
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM
cookie monster

so what alls done to it?

i had my tranny appart today and now i have to put it back together.[>:] there are to many little parts and peices. ill get it though
Old 07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
jgibson2476

whell it has rpm suspention arms and nuckels i modifyied the nuckels so that it would have a better turning radiouse . aluminum shocktowers, XTM .28 pro 6 port engine on it a jp2 tuned pipe, airtronics servos, forward only conversion. and lots more
Old 07-19-2006, 03:22 PM
blackrain

running stock wheel hexes did you double nut the wheel
Old 07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

the guy selling the pipe said it wont be worth it for me to send a money order because he lives in california and it will cost him more in gas than he makes to go get it cashed. i know what your sayin about sendin out money because my aunt sent out like a $100 to 3 of her neices and nephews for graduation and none of them got it.[]
That sounds really fishy, I wouldn't go near that one... unless you don't mind maybe losing $6 ... you should ask him how he plans to ship it if it's gonna cost too much just to cash the money order lol...[&:]
Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
cookie monster

ive been bugging him all weak because noone is bidding against me. he has paypal and since i dont he said a money order from the post office would do. the guy has pretty good feedback so im gone to hope he doesnt dick me around.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
matt57

Hi guys, I could really use some help.

I am having trouble getting the bearing out of my clutch bell. It seems to be really jammed in there, and I'm lost on how to remove it. I've tried WD-40 in the hopes it would loosen up, but I didn't have any luck. Then I tried pressing on the back of it with a screw driver hoping it would pop out, but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:39 PM
blackrain

use some kind of wooden dowel and punch it out or heat it up
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 PM
blackrain

use some kind of wooden dowel and punch it out or heat it up with a small torch
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
cookie monster

when have problems with getting the bearing out i get a nut driver that fits inside the cb and push. if i cant get it out wile holding the cb in my hand i'd put the cbin a vise dont squeeze it or anything just use it to hold the cb inplace. it its still not working get a flat head screwdriver and a hammer and go to town until it comes out.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Wide Open

i would think heating it up would be the best way. thats how you get bearings out of an engine block if youre doing a rebuild.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
redfox03

jgibson, that looks just like my mgt, cept i didnt put my proline decals on mine, and i got the yellow wing. left my stock rims/tires on too, i got some revo wheels/tires but havent put em on in a while. what wing mount do you have on the there, your wing sits a little higher than mine.

edit
hey ducked, thanks for the tips on putting on the clutch springs. i finally got them on without stabbing my hand with the screw driver. i was practicing on my now blown stocker engine. this engine has no compression at all, i can turn the flywheel with my pinky. oh yeah, do the nemesis shocks fit on the mgt?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: redfox03

...... oh yeah, do the nemesis shocks fit on the mgt?
not even close, they are huge .... I've got the integy shocks still in the package, I don't know if I'm keeping them yet with all the bad things said about 'em
Old 07-20-2006, 03:39 AM
morkendi

my shocks seem fine but you have to make sure there is no air in them, supposedly the air keeps them from compressing all the way and breaks the shaft. I learned how to do flips with mine all over my head, and I am 6'5''. Test i was told to do was before before putting springs on, compress shaft all the way and let go. should be no resistance when pushing in and the shaft should not move whrn you let go. With the stock springs, rear shocks on mine are set with collar all the way down and fronts are halfway. Haven't had them lomg, but truck deffinately handles better. Lanches better off jumps and tracks good on ruff ground. If shaft does break it is four dollars for replacemnt pack whick comes with 2 i believe. Also the newer sets have thicker shafts, guess they reliezed the old ones where a problem. This pretty much what my friend who is manager at local hobbyshop said, and I run with him every sunday pretty much.

far as my motor goes, axial rebuilding it at no charge. dont know why not replaced, but it costing me nothing for new case plus they puting new sleave, conecting rod, and piston. And replaceing the internal bearing that went bad causeing it to break in the first place. Useing my old carb, head and everything else. Only thing i have to pay is few dollars more for priority mail shipping to cover difference from standard they use. Was hopeing they would give me a new one, but guy at axial said it basicaly the same as new since mine was bought on 6-11. Guess ill be breaking it in this weekend.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 AM
morkendi

man I can't type when tired.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 PM
duckedup

If they're using the old piston & sleeve, then you don't have to break it in[sm=thumbup.gif] ..... my Integys are the old ones -MSR4 set, I realized that when they got here[:@] ... They are threaded though and were only $80 shipped. Do you know if they make an upgrade kit for them? with the thicker shafts?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
huw4027

Hey Jgibson2476, how does that motor run because i have the 24.7 pro in mine and
it flies so i am very curious about the .28 pro [8D]
Old 07-20-2006, 09:21 PM
morkendi

I am geting new case, piston, sleeve, and one of the bearings. From what i understand, bearing went bad and heated up until it disentigrated. Pieces of bearing locked up motor cracking case and damageing the conection rod. with all the damage they replaced the piston and sleeve as well just incase. Several of my friends have this engine, and no problems at all. Think i just got unlucky, so I'll keep the rebuild and try it again. Anyway, there customer support is awsome i think. Down to earth and talk to you like a person. The guy who helped me has been running this in his truck since it came out.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:25 PM
cookie monster

how old was the engine when the engine when it blew? or was the engine just really really hot?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
matt57

I noticed after my tires are wobbling from side to side when they are on my truck. The locknuts are tight, and there are no bends in the axle's or anything like that. I just glued them together yesterday, and I tried my best to make the foam fit properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I noticed the same thing with my stock tires that came with the truck. They wobbled a little bit from side to side. Is there a way I can adjust the pillow balls or the toe angles to fix this? Or is there something else that should be done?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
cookie monster

i noticed a hole lot of slop with my front end. what it was was the steering assembly i think thats what it was had a screw missing inside where the receiver goes. now there is minimal slop up front. but i do have some slop. i dont know what that is from. and i dont care so o well.[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.