Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

OFFICIAL MONSTER GT 8.0, MMGT FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:49 PM
easyrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MONSTER GT 8.0, MMGT FORUM

ORIGINAL: tuclai

The MGT 8.0 starter is the best of all my trucks. The LST 2 and Savage XL shafts keep falling off as the collet doesnt lock like the one on the AE. The TMaxx's pretty good.
I just got a T-Maxx and I really like it. I have to say I also like the starter there. Taking out the glow starter factor is nice. I unfortunatly did one of the dumbest moves in history with the T-Maxx this weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_EEtOVhXo
So you will be seeing my MGT soon. I have been working on it and being real nice to it but I think it is time for the MGT 8 to bust out again for round 2 LOL. Also have a couple MLST2's I have been spending time on. Almost done with that... soon... sooon MGT shall rise again!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: Elite_Tux487

Considering the price on tower for the AE starter..I just went to walmart and got a cheap black and decker 3/8" 12v drill. Has way more than enough torque and speed and has multiple clutch settings. I spent like 39 bucks. It was better than the Dewalt it replaced.
I noticed at the track that the guys that did not have bump starters and were using roto had normal drills. Almost everybody I say. Seems like a smart idea.. But it wont say AE an look all cool...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Elite_Tux487

Lmao..slap some stickers on a star trek phaser and you got an Official AE starter..
Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: Elite_Tux487

Lmao..slap some stickers on a star trek phaser and you got an Official AE starter..
Yea maybe you can airbrush it first... I'm seeing some serious possiblilies here
Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
BChiz

Hey Easy, was that one of the new extended chassis T-Maxxes they have just come out with? Man, I can't believe you destroyed that brand new truck if so. One other question, I am an AE guy like you are. Without spending a whole lot of money, what upgrades do you suggest to do on the MGT 8.0? Heard anything about any new aftermarket side mounted headers and pipes for the truck yet? Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Ya, you beat that maxx pretty hard. How do ya like the new maxx? Looks like a real nice truck for the money.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: BChiz

Hey Easy, was that one of the new extended chassis T-Maxxes they have just come out with? Man, I can't believe you destroyed that brand new truck if so. One other question, I am an AE guy like you are. Without spending a whole lot of money, what upgrades do you suggest to do on the MGT 8.0? Heard anything about any new aftermarket side mounted headers and pipes for the truck yet? Thanks
Yes sir, that was the one. It is not destroyed. Hardly has a scratch. It is going to be better than stock once its back together Putting on those RPM back arms that are set and also front RPM, some other stuff.... No worries. I wont do something like that again I tell you that.

As far as the 8.0 I would read this board. I did a few things, changed tires, lunsford turnbuckles, FT Steering kit, Steering servo.... Ummm... I think that is it. Have not been keeping up. I have a few projects goin on. Going to get the MGT out this weekend tho...
Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

LOL. Ya, you beat that maxx pretty hard. How do ya like the new maxx? Looks like a real nice truck for the money.
I dont know why people dont like it. Its a great truck. I had been pounding it all over the place before that day. I almost wanted to see if it would handle that LOL... It needs some.... "improvements" and this gives me an excuse to add those back on hehehehe... When I'm done you will never know I did that crash.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 PM
K223

The Option Header for the 8.0 is out, but still waiting for the Option pipe. So who know's how much longer. I will give it a go once it's available.

K223
Old 05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
BChiz

Easy, I noticed you went with RPM arms front and back. Is this one of the better investments on upgrading? Are the stock arms pretty good. I an original MGT 21 and have roughed it up pretty good doing a lot of endovers and have yet to break anything. What did a complete set of RPM arms cost you? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
tuclai

TMaxx is a good truck. I dont know why people bash on them, I got the new 3.3 also and so far its doing a lot better than the Savage XL. The only issue I had with my TMaxx out of the box was the servos were incompatible with the Futaba Spectrum receivers. For some reason when using both of the Traxxas servos I was having voltage issues. I went ahead and swapped it out with some Hitec 330oz servos! It performs like a dream now.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
easyrabbit

I just like them. I broke an arm so I just replaced everything with RPM stuff. I have never had one break so its one thing I dont worry about much on the truck hehe
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: tuclai

TMaxx is a good truck. I dont know why people bash on them, I got the new 3.3 also and so far its doing a lot better than the Savage XL. The only issue I had with my TMaxx out of the box was the servos were incompatible with the Futaba Spectrum receivers. For some reason when using both of the Traxxas servos I was having voltage issues. I went ahead and swapped it out with some Hitec 330oz servos! It performs like a dream now.
Yep its my new official little brother to my MGT 8. I tried the MGT 3 and it was terrible. I was so disapointed I sold it almost right away.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 AM
vishdes

C'mon guys please help me out. Traxxas T-maxx 3.3 or MMGT 3.0 or MGT 4.6??
Old 05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: vishdes

C'mon guys please help me out. Traxxas T-maxx 3.3 or MMGT 3.0 or MGT 4.6??
MGT 8.0 or T-Maxx if not then the MGT 4.6... STAY AWAY FROM the MMGT 3.0.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM
CatLover95

where's the cheapest place i can get an MGT 8.0 right now? (in usa)
and when i get it, are there any parts that need to be replaced immediately or almost immediately? i heard that the steering server or servo saver get broken really fast.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

Don't go on tower. They have it for too much. Try a LHS. I haven't had any problems with my mgt 8. All my servos are working great, minus the throttle one is twitchy. (anyone had that before?) Otherwise i lost the screw like the first week i owned it for the servo saver, so i eliminated it and just connected my steering directly to the servo. Otherwise, it's a good truck. Just make sure you tighten everything up before running it. That's where i ran into a bunch of problems.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
CatLover95

ok. at killerhobbies they have it for $500, but my LHS (hobbytown usa) has it for $520.
and i'll make sure i tighten everything up before i run it.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: CatLover95

ok. at killerhobbies they have it for $500, but my LHS (hobbytown usa) has it for $520.
and i'll make sure i tighten everything up before i run it.
You will end up paying shipping.... if it is free shipping then that is another thing..
Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
CatLover95

so you're saying that i should just get it from my lhs? come to think of it, i'd rather spend $520 and no shipping than to wait in agony for a week for it to come from (most likely) california.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: CatLover95

so you're saying that i should just get it from my lhs? come to think of it, i'd rather spend $520 and no shipping than to wait in agony for a week for it to come from (most likely) california.
Yea 20 bucks sounds about right for shiping. They also get discounts because its a business. I agree. Go get it at 520 and start having fun LOL.. by the way I have done no research on how much they cost now so for all I know you can get them cheaper w/shipping somewhere else. I am to impatient, I would already have the one from my LHS LOL.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Gwypaas

I bought mine for 509 at amainhobbies.com, ended up like 639 with shipping but it was worth it since I live in sweden

Edit: I also had to add 25% taxes but it was still alot cheaper then buying Thunder Tigers version with a not so good radio. In Swedish money I ended up 700 cheaper, 1 $ = 6.10 Swedish :P
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM
CatLover95

I am to impatient, I would already have the one from my LHS LOL.
lol! me too!
well, that said, i'm gonna get it from my lhs, and save the shipping and the suffering. but then there's tax, which i determined to be about $30. oh well!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: Gwypaas

I bought mine for 509 at amainhobbies.com, ended up like 639 with shipping but it was worth it since I live in sweden
Wow that is good shipping. I stopped eBay'ing to Europe and those areas, Asia Pacific etc... because betweek customs and cost it is crazy expensive.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: K223

The Option Header for the 8.0 is out, but still waiting for the Option pipe. So who know's how much longer. I will give it a go once it's available.

K223
I'm so weak about this. They have pushed it back further and further. Sometimes I just wish people would be honest. Just tell everyone they are working out the kinks or what ever and it is being pused back. But being stuck on a freighter in China for 2 months or more now is just stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.