Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Team Associated - Monster GT
Reload this Page >

MGT 3.0 wheels turning themselves during throttle

Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 3.0 wheels turning themselves during throttle

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:03 PM
cozment
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 3.0 wheels turning themselves during throttle

I've got a problem that developed with my MGT today that I'm totally confused about. I noticed some funny steering issues while driving today. As I was giving it gas, it wanted to turn to the left. It started causing me to have accidents and flips. I took the top off the truck and held the truck handle and gave the truck gas to see what it was doing. As soon as I give the truck gas, the steering starts jumping around and ends up turning the tires to the left. I looked at the servo and it seemed to be responding the same way. I tried several test with the truck as I held it and gave it gas. I first turned my steering all the way to the right, gave it gas, and watched the tires turn immediately to the left as always. Not until I let off the gas some and slowed the tires down would the steering turn back to the right. I have a Spektrum receiver/transmitter combo and a 6v hump pack. I checked the batteries and they were fine. I rebinded the radio to the receiver and that didn't fix it. I'm totally confused. Would something be wrong in the dif. that might make it turn this way? As I was holding the truck up, I did noticed another thing. It seemed like at times when I gave it gas, the engine was bogged down and would eventually turn the tires. Could this be my slipper clutch or something? I'm totally confused on this one. Please advise!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MGT 3.0 wheels turning themselves during throttle

iam thinking it is a bad steering servo , try a different servo to see if the problem gose away.