Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

associated 8.0 motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
bribri454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default associated 8.0 motor problems

I just recently bought a associated mgt 8.0 actually about a month ago broke it in properly using the traxxas method and actully did it twice to in sure thatit was throughlybroke in before i beat it. I know have a about 3/4 of a gallon thru it and it has ran great the thing is a beast actually and totally puts my 4.6 to shame! now just yesterday i took it to my favorite bashing spot started it up and i run it a little richer than i shouldand have since i have broke it inso it quite a couple of times i figured no big deal it isnt warm yet and after tghe second time i went to restart it themotor was froze tighter than a drum i pulledthe roto start off and the con rod is wedged up against the engine casing i took it to my rc guy and he said that part of the piston broke off andthe con rod caught it and itjammedbetween conrodand the engine casing .has anybody had any similarproblems or any problems with this motor imploding ? and will team associated put up a fuss when i send it to them for a new motor its still under warranty? also i should mention that the rotostart fell off at one point when i was running it will associated notice if i dont say anything about it falling offwill they be able to tell? im sure no no dirt got in the motorbecause i was in my drivewayand it fell off right away and quite so i know my current problem is not associated withn that plus i ran about 4 tanks thru it and it ran fine strong..Im using 20%nitro and i have never over heated the motorim religious about,can anybody give me any adviseabout how to approach associated properly without screwing myself by saying the wrong thing when asked what happened bythem what did i do etc....

Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM
driller2948

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: associated 8.0 motor problems

Just give Associated a call and tell them what happened. They shouldn't have a problem sending you a new mill...