Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

3D for G26

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
AeroDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D for G26

We need a 3D airplane designed around the G26. the Ultra Stick Lite with this engine hovers well and still floats like a balloon, but many 3D moves just aren't possible with that design. The fact that the G26 (especially with a slimline muffler) Pulls it out of a hover so well proves it can be done. So many folks want to practice 3D with gas, but their only affordable options at this point seem to be smaller IMAC ships which end up heavy with a gas engine and are therefore hard to learn 3D on. What do you think?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:44 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 3D for G26

Interesting idea. I have not seen the G26 pull that well. It seems a little short of being a great 3D engine. What prop are you using?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:32 PM
AeroDave

Default RE: 3D for G26

APC 17/6. M.A.N. had an article on it recently and with that prop and a slimline muffler it put out 15 lbs of static thrust, which was enough to pull my Ultra Stick out of a hover pretty well. I mean, its no DA 150, but for hovers and TRs it was great. So I designed a funfly ship with 1050 squares of wing around this engine. If I can keep it under 10 lbs (and I think I can) it should do pretty well. I just thought this was a market the industry hadn't exploited as yet.