Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
 Saito 220 "arrrgggg!!!" >

Saito 220 "arrrgggg!!!"

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Saito 220 "arrrgggg!!!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 220 "arrrgggg!!!"

Mike,
I have a Saito 220 in my Extra 260 and I love the the way it flys..... but I have a problem, every 2 or 3 flights my exhaust header loosens during flight. Ive tried to balance everything... spinner, prop to no avail. I red locktited the header on but it still came loose. I thought about selling the plane... thats how agrivated I am. If you have any suggestions Im all ears. Thanks, Chris
Old 04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Saito 220 "arrrgggg!!!"

Chris...

Here are some suggestions that may help...

1) Instead of loctite try plumbers tape (Teflon tape) on the threads..1-2 wraps. Plumbers tape fills the void in the threads which minimizes movement due to engine vibration.

2) Try using a glo igniter that you can turn on after you begin turning the prop with an electric starter...this prevents the hard bang (kick) when the engine starts which can shock loose the muffler.

3) Be sure your engine is not pre-igniting aka detonating...again the hard bang or kick from this condition can shock the muffler loose…Pre-ignition/detonation is typically a symptom of running too lean of a setting or too much of a prop load relative to the nitro amount used.