Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
 Mixing EPA, Dual Rates and Exponential... >

Mixing EPA, Dual Rates and Exponential...

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Mixing EPA, Dual Rates and Exponential...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing EPA, Dual Rates and Exponential...

Mike,

I'm having some difficulty understanding servo reactions to these functions and would appreciate some advice. From my conclusion, please correct me if I'm wrong, the rotation speed of the servo arm never changes, yes?

If so, then why am I having such a hard time understanding that this isn't true when dual rates are mixed into stick travel? For example, (assume we are applying consistent load, or none at all) let's assume I've set low rates until my stick travel breaches 90% then kicks into high rates up to 100%. Is the servo arm still traveling at the same speed from 90% to 100% as it was from 0 to 90%?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Mixing EPA, Dual Rates and Exponential...

Sounds liek you are describing VTR not dual rate. I'll try to explain.

EPA (end point adjustment or Travel Adjust) sets the total amount of thravel or degrees of rotation the servo will reach at full stick travel.
Dual Rate -sets the total amount of travel the servo will reach at full stick deflection on low rate. On high rate, that is set by Travel Adjust. (EPA)
Expo - modifies the servo travel so that it does not move linearly with the stick input. Typically, we soften the neutral so the result is the servo moves less for a given amount of stick deflection aro8nd neutral and the relation increases as the stick is deflected further toward the end.

Servo speed is not directly effected with these functions, servo travel is is effected.

Hope this helps some.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Mike,

Let's use an example. Let's assume I've set my EPA to 100% and 100% EPA equals approximtely 40 degrees of total travel. Let's set Expo to 0. I then adjust my dual rates to 50% on switch X. When I activate switch X, does this now mean that my servo throw is approximately 20 degrees of total travel? I assume yes.

Raz
Old 10-31-2006, 05:36 PM
My Feedback: (4)

correct