Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Showtime servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:46 AM
MR MIKE M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime servos

I want to make sure these servos are sufficient for the Showtime. Spektrum DS821 88oz. @ 6V for elevator and ailerons, Hitec 645MG 133oz. @ 6V for rudder pull-pull setup. The manual recommends at least 80 oz. torque for elevator and ailerons. Minimum 120 oz. torque for rudder. The only way I can acheive these minimums is to use a 6Volt Battery. What about Amps , is 1400 AMH enough for 6 Volts, or should i go higher.
I'm more likely to change the rudder servo for something with more torque, any recommendations, The book mentions JR8211SA, but if i were sponsered that wouldn't be an issue at $110 a pop.
I would like to hear what people are actuelly using in this airplane. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:18 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Showtime servos

I used a JR Sport 125 -on 6V --140 in oz torque
This may be a very inexpensive servo but is -based on running em for over a year -in Showime - Funtana 90 and now as elevator servos in my 33% EDGE an incredible value- all metal train and zero gear lash- still.
I do use 8611A stuf in my 42% model so I do have some experience with the different ones in the line up
even in my new BLING-- I have 4 821----2 125sport - 1 8411 and a couple of little 48 sports for the choke and throttle on the 50 gasser
The battery-- 6 v always -but select BEST amperage and lowest impedance types JR has some really good slightly larger ones .
That's my take .
Mike has more experience on the Showtime
-so listen up --