Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Showtime 90 questions

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Showtime 90 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
fastplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 90 questions

Mike, thanks for the previous help deciding on which plane. I am completing a new Showtine 90 currently and really like the looks and how the plane is constructed. I am going with the Saito 125.
I really like the large hatch. Lots of room to work and must be quite helpful with the electric powered versions.
I have a question about the hatch and cowl. The cowl and hatch are secured with screws into blind nuts. I have a concern about the 4 screws for the hatch.
Seeing how the hatch is on and off many times how are the hatch screws prevented from backing out during flight with the vibrations.
I usually don't use Locktite on items that are frequently on and off.

Also I think the rudder servo can be located in fuse with pull pull cable or in the tail. Which location would be best with this engine for IMAC and then 3D?
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Showtime 90 questions

i put on the rubber/metal washer neopreme type on my canopy and this works well for me
Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
fastplane

krayzc-RCU, are you saying you used the supplied metal screws with rubber and or neopreme washer?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

yes, to the washer part I used socket head bolts I can't recall if that is what came with the kit...
Old 03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
OK2Fly

Put the rudder servo in the tail. I think it's ideal for all types of flight...never really liked pull-pull much IMHO. You have less parts and a more direct linkage.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
playntraffic

"I have a question about the hatch and cowl. The cowl and hatch are secured with screws into blind nuts. I have a concern about the 4 screws for the hatch.
Seeing how the hatch is on and off many times how are the hatch screws prevented from backing out during flight with the vibrations.
I usually don't use Locktite on items that are frequently on and off. "

An older flyer told me to snip a bit of fuel line and slid it onto the screw. It doesn't have to be much, little wider than a washer. I did that after loosing two screws on the canopy of my Showtime. I haven't lost another one since.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Best solution is to use a nylon #4 washer under the bolt.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
jamesrxx951

put the rudder servo in the hatch for a pull pull. it should help with cg. depends on servos used but 3 large servos in the back will require nose weight. atleast that was the case with mine.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:06 PM
p61widowrc
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Mike, I have a Showtime 4D 90 in need of repair. The fuselage has some structural damage and I'm in need of some of the templates for the formers. Mainly need the one at the rear of the cockpit. Can you help me here.
Thanks,
Bob Jones
Old 12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Sorry. I cant help with that.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
p61widowrc
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Mike for the reply.
Is there anyone else that has had a Showtime 4D-90 that has had a crash and been able to repair or make templates to repair their plane. It is unfortunate that merchandising dictates putting out a great plane in a limited quantity and hardly anything to repair it with when there is a problem down the road. Thanks to anyone that might be able to help me out. I will attempt to make a template for my own use.
Bob