Search
Notices

Recommended Engine temp

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:01 PM
BigFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Engine temp

What's a good range for head temp after a full tank of gas? I measured my TT 39Pro after a tank and it was around 180degF. This was with just hovering, nothing demanding ( since I am still mastering the hovering phase!) Is there a recommended range? I haven't seen anything in the engine manual other than max RPM. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
colrod12

Default RE: Recommended Engine temp

better that then 200 + you should also take you'r reading at the bottom of the cylinder. thats were all the action is. just for hovering on a hot day I don't think 180 is bad. mid 190s to 200 around the base I think would be good. typically 205 -210 is dang hot, let it cool!!

180 is not making power but for hovering I think its good, I think!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

I take my temp readings with a infrared at the head where the glow plug is screwed in. That is the point of combustion (hottest). I usually get numbers inthe 180-200 range. If in dount of how hot is too hot tinker with the needles untill the four strokiing qiuts, then make it a 1/8th turn fat.
This generally works fine for hover practice as your not wringing out every drop of power from the engine as you doing three-D stuff.
Gary
Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

You can run them peaking up to 220 without burning anything up but by the time you land and spool down 185 to 200 is good to go.