Search
Notices

hOBBYKING DIGITAL SERVOS FOR RAPTOR 30

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
domenechalberto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hOBBYKING DIGITAL SERVOS FOR RAPTOR 30

Has someone tried these type of digital servos from HobbyKing on a Raptor 30-50 ?.BMS-661DMG+HS Super Fast Digital Servo (MG) 6.4kg / .08sec / 46.5g They sell for $23.00 or so
Too many differnt opinions in Hobby king on this product rating.
I need some really good advice if they worth the price , time and trouble . I want to use 5 of them on a Rappy 30.
Any good advise about it IN THE RAPTOR COMUNITY??????????.
Thank you[sm=72_72.gif][sm=72_72.gif]
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: hOBBYKING DIGITAL SERVOS FOR RAPTOR 30

ORIGINAL: domenechalberto

I need some really good advice if they worth the price , time and trouble . I want to use 5 of them on a Rappy 30.
You really need to look into maybe 3 of one kind for the cyclics, one for the throttle and one TAIL servo, if you want to have optimum performance. I have zero experience with Hobby King stuff, but the old saying of "You get what you pay for" applies here. I have seen some of their airplanes, and have been very tempted to buy one. I will keep in mind that it will be most likely a "disposable" airplane.

Too many differnt opinions in Hobby king on this product rating.
I believe you answered your own question there. If you need "help" to skew a decision, then you are skewing the decision yourself. I have personally invested too much money on my helicopters to trust them to _questionable_ electronics.

Rafael
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM
domenechalberto

tHANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS.
ONE MORE QUESTION, ANY SUGGESTION RE. WHAT SERVOS TO TO PU IN?.IAM IN THE HOVER, SMALL CIRCLES STAGE YET. I don't have plans to go 3D at this point.
I would like some reasonable priced servos, do they have to be digital?. standard servos will do.?
Sorry guys Iam totally ignorant about it .
Once more thank you for the advise.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: domenechalberto

tHANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS.
ONE MORE QUESTION, ANY SUGGESTION RE. WHAT SERVOS TO TO PU IN?.IAM IN THE HOVER, SMALL CIRCLES STAGE YET. I don't have plans to go 3D at this point.
I would like some reasonable priced servos, do they have to be digital?. standard servos will do.?
Standard servos will do. The better servos you get now, the less servos you have to buy later. Some people use the excuse that they are learning and try to save money buying inferior servos. I've had my Raptor 90 since 2004 with the same servos I installed on day 1. Good quality servos rarely need to be replaced.

For a 30/50 I would recomment something in the 60 to 80 oz-in of torque and in the 0.15 to 0.08 sec of speed. If it is a 50, I woukld get closer to 80 oz-in and closer to 0.08 sec in speed. I cannot recall the specific servos I have in my helis right now, but for reasonably priced servos I typically gravitate towards Hitec servos. Futaba and JR make some great servos too.

Rafael
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Aviator 25

Starting out do you have to use a high speed servo like the Futaba S9254 for the tail or standard will work aswell? Someone told me that you have to use a high speed servo with the Futaba GY 401 gyro.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Rafael23cc

To get full advantage of the 401 gyro you should use a high speed servo.

Rafael