Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Thunder Tiger - Raptor 30, 50, 60, 90
Reload this Page >

Got some problems- Raptor 30 , clutch problem?

Community
Search
Notices

Got some problems- Raptor 30 , clutch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Raptor-30-V2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some problems- Raptor 30 , clutch problem?

Hello.

I crashed my heli when I was trying my firts loop [:'(] and I reapaird it and also got a new cluths for it. But the problem is: When I'm starting it up, the rotor starts to spin instantly after start up. And If Im reducing the throtle, the motor yust stops. Can it be somthing with the engine? The cluthc is not rich, and not the engine eaither.

Pleas help. I have also had a more experian flyier to loock at it, but he coulden't find the reason for the spinning. Also the throthle curv is set at normal. [&o]

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2003, 02:56 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Got some problems- Raptor 30 , clutch problem?

Need more info. Did you buy a new clutch, or put a new liner in the clutch bell? I don't think the motor is the problem. It's a clutch problem of some kind. I would say that your clutch is sprung. If you put a new liner in the clutch bell I would say it is a little to big and staying engaged when you start your heli. There is only a couple of things it could be. Take a closer look at your clutch assembly, the problem has to be in there somewhere.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:29 AM
pistole

If you did your loop in normal mode , that would be probably what caused your crash. You need headspeed and also powered negative pitch to loop properly , if not you'll lose ALOT of height when your heli approaches invert.

As for your sticking clutch , have you tried just reducing your idle speed (vide the low value of your throttle curve in normal mode) ?

If you can't get it to idle steadily without the engine engaging the clutch , then you've got a clutch problem.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:33 AM
polstery

either the clutch is cracked or the lining in the clutch bell is too thick or out of round
Old 10-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

As far as looping goes I loop all the time in normal flight mode with plenty of height and loots of room to recover. I think that pitch at the top should be reduced to maybe around 2 or 3 degrees positive and you can do this in the normal flight mode. Rays book will confirm this. The clutch problem sound like it is sticking to the bell for who knows why. Try holding the rotor and running the engine up. This may help free it up. If this doesnt help the clutch is problably broken and is hanging up in the bell.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:13 AM
pistole

Stormovic , I agree that you can loop in normal mode as long as you have plenty of height.

But , my advise is that it would be better for all budding 3D learners to adapt to the Idle Up 1 switch early on so that they become better pilots all round. Eventually, if you toss your heli about the sky enough in Normal , you'll get in trouble because you might need the negative powered pitch that Idle Up 1 carries.

I can loop and roll in normal too. Just do it really high and have a new set of underwear ready.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:01 AM
polstery

The guy had a clutch question not a how to loop question, READ
Old 10-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

I think we answered his question. You read.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:27 AM
pistole

LOL !

Yeah I can read too. Just ..........
Old 10-17-2003, 09:21 AM
raptor_VT

I think it is good when people put in a little extra info on tips such as looping (like pistole) when replying to the real question - it sometimes gives newbies like me answers to questions I didn't even think about while I read about problems that may occur in the future and how to fix them. Thank you pistole for the extra insight on looping.

also if anyone knows anything about problems with the main blades not tracking on the right side of the heli please check out my post.