RAPTOR 30V2 BLADE TRACKING

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:48 PM
26fred
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR 30V2 BLADE TRACKING

Hi to all,
I have a raptor 30v2 flys great.The other day i was playing with the idle up and set the head speed to high and while flying my blade tracking went out.I brought it in and every thing looked ok.I fixed the head speed and hovered it for a secand and flew some more after about a minuet, same thing nhapened again?Ive checked the feathering shft all linkages and blade grips but cant find anything wrong.Am i missing something??????
Thanks
Fred
Old 07-14-2004, 08:16 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RAPTOR 30V2 BLADE TRACKING

I don't have any good guesses but be sure blades are tight enough and check for bad servo gears. Put them under a light load by hand and cycle them through their range. Beyond that, I can't help.
Sorry,,,Matt
You said you checked the feathering shaft. Did you check it on the heli or pull it out and roll it on glass or something? It wouldn't take much to mess it up. It could be out enough to cause the problem but not enough you'd ever see with the shaft in the heli.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Charlie

Did you build it or was it an ARF? If you put it together, did you put grease on the spindle (feathering shaft)? If you take it out and check it, make sure you put some grease (white lithium grease) on it when you put it back together. Are the thrust bearing in the blade grips in the right way? It's very easy to make a mistake and put them in wrong. What are you using for blades, are you sure they are not warped? Has the heli ever been crashed? Are all your ball links good and tight? Slop in the ball links (or bent spindle) is usually the number one problem when people are having tracking problems. Finding a tracking problem can be a real pain in the @$$, there is so many different things that could cause it. You will just have to go over everything and make sure it is right.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
26fred

I pulled the feathering shaft and rolled it on a flat surface and it looked ok,I pulled all the bearings and they looked ok and were in correctly.It was the arf version but i really havent had any trouble with it before i over sped the blade speed on idle up.I thimk i will just double check everything and if it still persist i will buy a new feathering shaft blade grips and bearings.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Charlie

I thimk i will just double check everything and if it still persist i will buy a new feathering shaft blade grips and bearings.
Has it ever been crashed? I wouldn't go out and start buying a bunch of parts before you find the problem. There has to be a reason why it is doing that, You just have to break it down to find the problem. Try one thing at a time, it could save you a lot of money.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM
26fred

Your right i will just break it down till i figure it out.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Mine did the same thing with woodies on it, and I also had a bent screw in the flybar arm that the ball goes on...Replaced the screw and got some carbon fiber blades and it is fixed....