Notices

Stock Blade Balance

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 AM
RaptorCam
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Blade Balance

I need some help on proper blade balancing. I have read several procedures and I believe I have been doing it correctly but I ran into a situation on my Raptor 30 stock blades. I first set each bladed on the edge of the counter and extended them off until they teetered on the edge and marked the center point of each blade. One blade was significantly lighter on the tip and to get its center to match the other I had to add ALOT of tape to the tip. Once I got them teetering on the same center mark I then used a blade balance to balance them out. As expected I had to add tape to the other blade. So I added what was necessary on the center mark made earlier until the blades balanced. Is this correct ?

or

Could / Should I add some tape near the root of the heavy blade and mark new teeter points? That way the teeter points would be closer and I would be adding less weight to the tip of the light blade. I'm just concerned about the amount of tape I had to add to that light blade. On most of my balances I was adding just one strip of tape, if any during the first step but this time there is enough layers of tape that is visibly raised.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Mr.Tango

Default RE: Stock Blade Balance

You did it correct the first time, if you add tape closer to the root the CofG will keep moving all over the shop and you'll soon get pissed

Good luck

Mr.Tango
Old 08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
dan.

my new blades were a really tight fit on the feathering spindle bolts,i had to trim some wood away so they would fit (about 2-3mm) will i need to balance these again now?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Mr.Tango

I suggest you do, although it will not have as much effect as if you trimmed the tips they will still be out of balance.

Not the answer you was wanting I guess but the truth. []

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:25 AM
dan.

well i didnt know if i should of trimmed them to be honest i thought maybe i would have to scrap em but if its ok and just needs a balance then cool