Search
Notices

no where to land

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:06 AM
mustafa_m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no where to land

hey, guys some one help me this evening, 2 screws from my skid-frame attachment fell of in flight...... when i did a usual check to my heli i found the 2 screws missing ... is there any other way to atach the skids to the frame?????? i have heard tof people using zip ties, are they strong eough???????

mustafa
Old 09-01-2004, 10:21 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: no where to land

cant you find any screwes that will work around the house? but if you can get the larger zip ties on im sure they will hold.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:36 PM
elmote

I would think zipties would leave alot of slop. I thru drill my frame and skids to except a 10/20 2 inch NYLON machine screw. I put 2 NYLON (not nylock) nuts on the end and add a drop of CA to mix. This stays secure until I decide to take the gear off, which is usually done with pliers to break the screw. But Ive found that a real fast landing, say 30-50 mph accomplishes the same thing. Advantage is it's a 15 cent screw breaking and not your frame.

Elmo Te
Old 09-02-2004, 07:16 AM
mustafa_m

nylon nut boltt its a great idea but are hard to find back here in india.... any other way how to solve the problem..........

mustafa
Old 09-03-2004, 05:04 AM
cheiro

I have a 50V2 I took the screws of and put zip ties instead, they hold fine. With ties if you should crash the ties would break with the screws the air frame would crack... which take a lot of work to replace.