Search
Notices

head dampers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:00 AM
dan.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head dampers

when do i change em? im flyin a 30 converted to a 50 and have never changed the dampers,helis had about 12 gallons through it so far. im starting to do some heavier aerobatics now, multiple flips,rolls,loops,flying inverted,etc. and will be using carbon blades after christmas i think my heli flys real nice and copes well with what i throw at it ,but i dont want to have a boom strike during a backflip. any advice?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Tamiyaguy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: head dampers

Hello,
I have about 90 flights on my stock blue dampners. I have had no problems. I recently changed over to the TT metal hub assembly(which included new ones).

It was very obvious that the dampners where new. I did not like the feel. It took about 1 GALLON for them to wear in loosen up and make me feel more comfortable.

They are very cheap. What about $3.99? If your concerned I would just replace. It's not that hard. We are not talking about a $500 part here.

Dampners should ALWAYS be greased. Best stuff to use is dielectric grease. This grease coats the rubber nicely and should help make them last longer. But with 120 flights, you difiently would notice a difference with new ones in there.