Search
Notices

OS .50 Hyper head

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:35 PM
caragon23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .50 Hyper head

Looking for help from anyone that has installed and run the new OS Hyperhead in their Raptor 50 V2. I replaced my os .46 with the OS .50 today. Ran (5) fights with it rich. Used the same MVP 46/50 muffler. The engine has plenty of power, however I now picked up unfamiliar sounds at 50% throttle and above. Any suggested would be appreciated!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:22 AM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS .50 Hyper head

Unfamiliar sounds??? My only guess is lean needle and it's detonating. Does it sound like a rattle or maybe sizzling? Either one would be detonation. Beyond that I have no suggestions.
Matt
Old 12-27-2004, 08:27 AM
caragon23

The sound(s) is more like a rattle, we played with really rich and then leaned out both the high end and low end needle. Could it be the hyper head rattling onto the frame? Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 10:20 AM
sammyd

You probably left the spacer (washer) on the motor outpu shaft. It will cause the clutch to sit further up in the clutch bell and will cause a "tinging) rattle sound when the motor runs. Pull the motor back out and take a look. The fan shroud should sit directly on the thick collet on the output shaft. Let me know if it helps.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:58 AM
caragon23

Thanks, I think I put the washer inside the the cooling fan under the engine shaft nut, but I will take a look. I noticed the TT Manual doesn't even show installation of the washer, should I leave it off?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:21 PM
sammyd

The washer I am referencing actually comes on the new motor, not in the Raptor kit. There is a washer that comes with the Raptor too but the one that is most likely causing your problem is the one right above the metal caollet on the motor output shaft, that one comes out completely. Godd luck, let me know
Old 12-27-2004, 04:44 PM
caragon23

No, I didn't put that washer in the wrong place, but I am going to leave it off completely. My next guess is that I may not have aligned the starter shaft properly with the engine shaft. Back to the work bench.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:47 PM
caragon23

Solved the problem, I replaced the clutch bell and the noise went away. I also played around with throttle curves and the Hyper Head does well at 100,61,54,61,100!!! Plenty of nice additional power!!!