Community
Search
Notices

raptor 50 titan problem (BIG ONE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
jay mcrea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 50 titan problem (BIG ONE)

when i put the throttle up to half way ish the engine speed increases without me touching it and goes really fast then the heli starts wobbling in the air and crashes really bad but if i keep messing with the throttle going up and down the engines sounds like its choking up and the revs of the engine is ok and it flys ok but then you turn it off to refill it (for istence) then turn it back on it does it again but until you get the engine to choke up or run a bit slower (haven't got a clue how i do it but you can just here by the tone of the engine) the heli will fly ok PLEASE PLEASE does someone know what i am doing wrong .[&o]
Old 06-07-2006, 04:15 PM
hotshabit
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: raptor 50 titan problem (BIG ONE)

Sounds like you have more than one problem. First thing you need to do is go here http://www.raptortechnique.com/ and do some reading, its a great site that has taught many many people how to properly setup a Raptor heli. It sounds like you have issues with the throttle curve, pitch curve and with the engine tuning itself. You might have too much throttle at mid stick and/or not enough pitch, also the engine might be very lean causing it to overspeed.

It would be helpful also if you included some specifics as in, what engine and fuel you are running, what blades, what pitch and throttle curves you are running, your past experience with heli's and setup and so on.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Flytoolow
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the engine out, sounds like a head bolt, carb, case bolt, or an exhaust bolt may be loose. it sounds like once it hits the right temp, things are expanding too much and there may be an air leak in to the combustion chamber somewhere. good luck and let us know what it was!

ron
Old 06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
nate1001
My Feedback: (2)

sounds like a rich bottom or mid needle. when the heli lifts off and wobbles, the headspeed is too low from not enough power. as you rev it up and down the engine finally clears out or gets hot enough that it can get the blades spinning and unload a little.