Notices

raptor paddles

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: raptor paddles

A governor is nice but not a necessity. Adding cyclic to throttle mix will help if you dont have one.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
LetsGoFlyHi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I forgot the radio could do all that stuff. I may go with a governor anyway though. I can't seem to leave the throttle curves alone lately.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
ptarp

If you have the money to spend, a governor is a great place to spend it. I bought a CSM RevLock and have never regretted it. While I was learning, I would often bring the heli back to me by tail-in descents. Without a governor, there was no way to prevent overspeeding in upright negative pitch maneuvers like this.

If you don't have the money right now, just use some cyclic/throttle mixing and be aware of the situations where the head can overspeed (not a huge problem, just annoying).
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
misileman
My Feedback: (8)

Welcome to the helicopter performance snowball. More response causes increase in engine loading, fix with good tuned pipe or Hyper engine with MPII. Now engine will again overpower your inputs on occasion, install governor to control the overspeed. Uhh-Ohh, now the cheap throttle servo is too slow to let the limiter/governor do a good job of throttle control. Replace cheapy throttle servo with high speed (S9253 on mine) and now the limiter/governor is doing such a good job that you think any move is saveable with this new ultimate setup and [X(] [&o] that new stuff just went in, HARD [].
And we do it all over again, ain't flying fun.

I'm afraid of nothin, she let's me fly whenever she wants.

Seriously, if you set up the throttle and pitch curves properly, you won't need a governor/limiter. I have a 50SE with OS Hyper, Curtis MPII pipe, running on 30% Wildcat fuel and rarely use my governor. I have the governor GV1 set up so as to turn it on-off on channel 7 and trim the headspeed to whatever I choose with the channel 8 trim knob. And as long as I don't get reckless on the throttle collective stick, I rarely engage the governor. So it's not a necessity, just another accessory to make flying more fun.

Enjoy