Search
Notices

RAPTOR 30 USES HEADER TANK FIRST

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
perfectstorm2440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR 30 USES HEADER TANK FIRST

Was wondering why it started doing this all hoses are nearly new and look good. Was wondering if exhaust was causing it.almost had flame out obout 20 feet up
Old 04-05-2007, 06:50 PM
HeliTB

Default RE: RAPTOR 30 USES HEADER TANK FIRST

Clunk line in main tank could be the issue.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 AM
perfectstorm2440

Brand new tank about half gallon through it. I have a feeling its might be the exhaust
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 AM
perfectstorm2440

Just checked clunk line hose was split and laying bottom of tank.Nice to know only lasted not even half gallon of fuel.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
heli_Rod

I've had that happen twice in flight. The small diameter lines they supply with the tanks split quite easily. The lines are also very thin walled.

It is now a replacement item that I change often as preventive maintenance. Fuel line that is small and flexible is also hard to find. I bought 20 feet when I did find it, just to have a good supply. The stuff I bought is a little thicker, but still flexible. None have split since.

I enjoy doing autorotations, but much prefer them on MY terms!..LOL

Rod
Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

http://www.ronlund.com do a search on HAYES

Good stuff, I use it in all my tanks, I discard the stock clunk line even with brand new kits, well I dont discard it, it makes a nice shield for your antenna wire where it goes around plastic or carbon edges.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
perfectstorm2440

how would the regular fuel line you use work.I tried it cause its all i had at the time it seems to work ok just wanted to make sure. Messing with the throttle curves some now. I have the jr8103h with digital trim except throttle. The raptor 30 has a os 37 with revolution muffler and thunder tiger blades What are yall runnung i know it depends alot on set up as everyone is probably different.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
heli_Rod

Regular fuel line will work....as long as you are just hovering or gently flying around. You will have problems if the clunk needs to move during aerobatics, 3-D or any extreme maneuver where the clunk has to move to stay in the fuel supply.

Rod
Old 04-07-2007, 06:03 AM
perfectstorm2440

What i figured no 3-d here yet. but gona order some of that hayes line monday. Yall guys are great thanks for all the input. Just wish someone close buy here flew.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
misileman
My Feedback: (8)

The Hayes Neoprene Clunk Line is the stuff to use. Keep in mind that it does expand about a 1/4" when it gets soaked with fuel. Something else that will greatly extend the life of clunk lines is pumping out all unused fuel from the fuel tank when done flying. The fuel will last much longer back in the jug/can and leaving the clunk line soaking in fuel for a week or more is only going to shorten it's life considerably. Cheap insurance for like a buck or two a foot.

I have Hayes Clunk lines in all my machines and one is going on 3 years and just checked it a month ago and is in great shape.

Don't forget to do the header tank too.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Ausable

I'm new at this hobby and have a raptor V30. I want to install a header tank. Does anyone have pictures or video instructions.How long can you fly on both tanks just regular flight NO 3D?
Thanks(Newbie)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 PM
archiebald

A header tank will give you about another 2 minutes maybe.

But that's not the main point. It is there to reduce foaming fuel (from vibration) reaching the carb and upsetting the mixture or causing a flame-out.

I never fly out my header tank unless it is the last flight of the day.

The tank connection is simple, connect the original carb line to the top outlet of the header. The header also has its own clunk line that is then connected to the carb. Look Here
Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Actually its the nitric acid in the exhaust gas that causes the fuel line in the tank to break down. Case in point, the fuel line in your jug that you are pumping it back into is probably years old and doesn't degrade Leaving the tank full will actually extend the life of the clunk line.
ORIGINAL: misileman

The Hayes Neoprene Clunk Line is the stuff to use. Keep in mind that it does expand about a 1/4" when it gets soaked with fuel. Something else that will greatly extend the life of clunk lines is pumping out all unused fuel from the fuel tank when done flying. The fuel will last much longer back in the jug/can and leaving the clunk line soaking in fuel for a week or more is only going to shorten it's life considerably. Cheap insurance for like a buck or two a foot.

I have Hayes Clunk lines in all my machines and one is going on 3 years and just checked it a month ago and is in great shape.

Don't forget to do the header tank too.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Big feet

This is interesting, I have flown planes for over 17 years and never had a problem with fuel lines degrading. However, I only use 5% nitro in my planes. Is it the higher nitro content that is so hard on heli lines?

Having said all that, I just built my first heli, Raptor 50 Titan. Changed the fuel line. Well, why take chances, right? [sm=lol.gif]
Old 05-02-2007, 04:17 AM
gasayers

I have no idea about causes but after flying some cool (for me) flips, rolls, loops etc my heli died about 1 foot in the air just as I landed. Clunk hadn't just split, it had completely broken off altogether.
Talk about lucky.
Clunk line was at least 6 years old but now I'll change it at least every two years.