Search
Notices

Erratic servo probs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Harvest Fields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic servo probs

Hi all, i got me a new raptor 30 , and an old nexus. the nexus was working fine. the raptor i have only just built and installed the servos this morn.

My problem is this.

when i wire up the servos to the receiver ( and tx is off ) all is fine. when i switch on the tx all the servos just start kinda shaking and no matter what i move on the tx nothing happens to the servos. everything is brand new and fully charged too. i have aa futaba 6ex-pcm if that helps lol. it was working fine then just when silly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Carl
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Erratic servo probs

Is the reciever PCM? Sounds like the modulation type is set wrong. PCM reciever wont react to a ppm signal but a ppm reciever will go bonker with a pcm signal.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Harvest Fields

well, its the receiver that came with the tx. the rx says pcm on the lcd. ive tried changing it to ppm and no change. ive reset the tx the way it says to do it in the manual. i can put all the servos and battery in the rx but its when i turn on the tx it goes weird.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Harvest Fields

ok. update. i sorted it. i thought i had pcm rx but it wasnt [&:] i changed the modulation and its all ok. gotta love us noobs eh lol
Old 05-13-2007, 06:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I have a mix of ppm and pcm planes and helis, I've changed models and not power cycled my reciever before and the plane will go nuts. I broke an aileron linkage on my glider before the first flight of a geourgous day doing that once.

No worries.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Harvest Fields

appreciate the replies too. just gotta wait for this welsh weather to sort itself out so i can get out there and fly. well hover.