Notices

Newbie just got Raptor 50

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Newbie just got Raptor 50

You can get the system w/o servos but the best deal is to just get the servos, you can sell the set NIB for 65 to 80 bucks.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
3D 4 ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

v2

Dont get that geared starter, its got plenty of torque but its not fast enough so it sounds like an impact wrench. It wll tear up your starter shaft, start shaft adapter and the one way bearing in the raptor clutch.

Just get a regular high torque starter and a 6mm hex drive start shaft.
That looks like a raptor Titan not a v2
Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 AM
USMC2111

ORIGINAL: 3D 4 ME

v2

Dont get that geared starter, its got plenty of torque but its not fast enough so it sounds like an impact wrench. It wll tear up your starter shaft, start shaft adapter and the one way bearing in the raptor clutch.

Just get a regular high torque starter and a 6mm hex drive start shaft.
That looks like a raptor Titan not a v2
3D 4 ME, BH is right, it's a V2, not a titan. The dead giveaway is the boom, boom supports, and skid tubes. They would all be a titanium color (greyish) instead of a black boom and aluminum supports and skid tubes. Also there is no push/pull setup. Not everyone puts the push/pull on, but that is another contributing factor.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Finally the Futaba 7C is here. I am ready to buy the stuff.

And just yesterday i met an old friend of mine and i found out he flies RC helicopters So his gonna help me out.

Now i'm just gonna go over all the stuff i need and place the order. Wish there was one superstore where i could order everything at one place.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:47 AM
calvino

Servo city sells transmitter/reciever only packages, you might check into that and get some decent servos. Hitec 5625's are ok, 9252s are better so you might get 3 of those and a hitec for the throttle, depends on how much money you want to spend.
got a link to the servos (like the second one), checked Hitec's site and found NOTHING on them, as for car servos not centering very well, I tend to disagree, they can withstand TONS of hard bashing into curbs, rocks... and still do a good job of getting the truck straight again, so, that is the only part I would dissagree on[8D]
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

9252's are Futaba servos. http://www.ronlund.com I think they are 65 or 69 each.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
calvino

9252's are Futaba servos. http://www.ronlund.com I think they are 65 or 69 each.
ok, thanks BH, [8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
sherman89

You can lead them to the trough but you can't make them drink. I am taking a hiatus from IMAC for a while and am coming back to heli's, I need some more self induced beatings, the fixed wing flying has been going too well. I need to contribute to the economy, heli's will help to spend more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!