Search
Notices

performance of the raptor 30 V2 with TT39

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
matador_24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance of the raptor 30 V2 with TT39

Hi guys.... I have heard and read (so many times) that the OS37 is the ideal engine for a raptor 30v2. Can anybody tell me about the performance of the TT39???? can it be TOO bad?????? I bought a raptor 30 v2/TT39, I haven't had the chance to fly it yet and I wouldn't like to upgrade the engine to a OS37, I rather prefer to save some money and when I AM GOOD at it, I'll go for a raptor 50. So, what about the performance of the TT39???? does it have enough power to fly around and do some acrobatics???? or it's really bad it can hardly make the heli fly????
Old 10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
kenhiraihnl

Default RE: performance of the raptor 30 V2 with TT39

my tt39 was outstanding for mild aerobatics, circuits, orientation training, putzing around, etc. start by running it rich, and progressively lean it out 1/8 turn at a time...if you get a .37sz-h you'll notice that it has a huge carb, and uses a lot more fuel (it likes expensive 30% heli)--but it has a lot more power than the tt39--especially if you use a good muffler like a hatori...i recommend you use the tt39, running it rich and smoky enough to do what you want to do...when you're ready for more power, you can upgrade to the .37sz-h or convert to a .50sx-h hyper...just my .02...ken
Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 PM
matador_24

thanks for your answer, that is what I'll do, just a question..... I have read that the hatori pipe is made for the OS .37..... do u think it would make a big difference using it with the TT39?????
Old 10-07-2007, 01:42 AM
kenhiraihnl

the hatori sab-6rs muffler is made for the os37...someone else might chime in to verify if it will work on a tt39...personally, i'd save my money for better blades, the ttrpv0499sus hub, etc.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9591
the tt performance muffler will work just fine with the tt39 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10793
shop around...you'll might save some $$...i buy some stuff from www.amainhobbies.com because of their fair prices, parts availability, and ebusiness efficiency...
-ken