Search
Notices

Should I waste my time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 PM
JoDyO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I waste my time?

Hi, I've got a Raptor 30 v2 with a tt 39 and I was wanting to know if I should keep screwing around with that motor or upgrade to a O.S 37 S.H ? I have heard on here that is supposed to be a good motor. It seems like I am always screwing around with the TT just to keep it running. It is basically brand new as well. So, what to do. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:28 PM
JoDyO

Default RE: Should I waste my time?

One more thing, I can't get the tt39 to run right now, after cranking for a while it gets flooded badly, if I lift the raptor and tilt it back, fuel just flows outta the exhaust. What am I doing wrong. Also, if anyone can tell me, where should I have the settings for the carb. Thanks again.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I threw mine away and put anOS 37 in it's place. (Got tired of Jacking with it) One thing I did notice is that it did not like anything less than 30% fuel. It also needed an OS 8 glow plug to run well. It sounds like your plug is completely bad. The OS is a much more consistent running engine. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 PM
PutU2Sleep
My Feedback: (3)

Get the OS 37, the TT engine are very hit and miss...and sounds like yours missed. Add the Hatori muffler made for that engine (part# SAB 6RS) and that OS 37 will scream.

Here's a link to the muffler at HeliProz, http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=136939
Old 11-10-2007, 04:05 PM
JoDyO

I think I will get the OS fairly soon but for right now I set all the carb settings as per the instructions on raptortechnique.com and it started right away and would only idle for 5 seconds and then would not restart afterward. SO, what gives?

Thanks again.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:16 PM
matador_24

Uff.... my TT39 was working good before, I just streaped apart the raptor 30 to change the clutch and now the engine doesn't want to start, I replaced glow plug with a new OS 8, I just bought a new 20% fuel.... nothing, it doesn't even start, nothing at all..... fuel seems to be running through the tubing and I remove the glow plug and it's not wet........ what could have I done wrong??????? When streaping apart my raptor, I removed the carb, just to clean it and to see how it is but I put everything back again as it was, besides that, I didn't touch anything else.

Something weird... while putting together my raptor, I saw something dropped from the frame, it's a little hexagonal screw (like the one that goes in the starter shaft) but in 2mm, REALLY TINY AND SMALL..... do u think it dropped from INSIDE THE ENGINE????? I don't see any raptor part needing that tiny screw.... or it was just sticked in the frame from something else??????
Old 11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
soop7667

Sounds like you lost a set screw from somewhere..perhaps your main shaft collar?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
JoDyO

I haven't had time lately to try anything with my Raptor but, could it be the reason that it wouldn't run right was because it was too cold? I have it in my garage and it is around 5-10 degrees c in there. I remember I used to have trouble with my Revo not starting because it was cold. Could this be? I haven't had time to try warming it up. Just a thought. Thanks. Also, there seems to be a clunking sound when I try to start it up now too. Not sure
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: JoDyO

I think I will get the OS fairly soon but for right now I set all the carb settings as per the instructions on raptortechnique.com and it started right away and would only idle for 5 seconds and then would not restart afterward. SO, what gives?

Thanks again.
Don't believe everything you read on raptortechnique.com, half of it is worthless info. Open it up three full turns on the needle and start it up. Get a new glow plug in there as well. Get it started and warmed up and then start tuning.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:08 PM
rev

had a tt 39 in my tt30v2 for a short time, 30% hog. I just replaced it with a os 50 hyper last week. I should have did it sooner!!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:52 AM
KC8QPU

I have a tt 39 in my rappy. Had a lot of issues with flooding also. Was told that those engines love to be slobbering rich. I swithed out my plug to an enya #3. It works but still not the most happy with the motor. It's getting colder here in MI so days for flying are shoter and shorter and few in between. The temp seems to mess with it pretty bad at first but once the motor is warmed up seems to be ok. Like mentioned previously though if you can switch to the OS DO IT. I will be switching soon, just can't stop having fun for right now and besides with mine at least running dececnt figured I would want to get more time in the air before it get way blistering cold here. Anyways if you can I would switch.