Notices

How many ch radio needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 02:07 AM
haasjj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many ch radio needed?

ORIGINAL: soop7667

just be mindful that I hear the servos aren't so great for heli's , hey, sell them on ebay and use that money for some GOOD servos
Correct! There's a site that you can get a DX7 with no servos, and it's a bit less sexpensive. The DS821 servo's that come with heli radio are not suitable for a Raptor - they tend to have a shearing off problem. (They break too easy)

Well I haven't had any problems with my JR821 but then again I'm not banging my heli around the sky, just the ground them dam autos get me once in a while. For a beginer pilot the 821 should be fine then as you progress change them out for something better.

I guess I should add that I don't use the 821 for collective or rudder, just throttle and cyclic.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

From JR
New Guidelines for DS821 Servo Use
Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The DS821 servo is a powerful, accurate sport digital servo recommended for RC airplane applications up to 1.20-size. For helicopters, the DS821 operates best with 30-size glow models, and up to 50-size electric. Loads and vibration in larger models may cause premature failure of the servo resulting in damage or injury to property and persons.

Important: Do not use liquid thread lock with the DS821 servo!

Do not use any form of liquid thread lock to secure the servo arm screw to the output shaft of the DS821 servo. Chemicals in these liquids react with the polycarbonate gear set causing the plastic to become brittle, fracturing the final output gear.
Vibration seems to be the culprit, personally I wouldn't run them in any nitro heli.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:33 PM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

From JR
New Guidelines for DS821 Servo Use
Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The DS821 servo is a powerful, accurate sport digital servo recommended for RC airplane applications up to 1.20-size. For helicopters, the DS821 operates best with 30-size glow models, and up to 50-size electric. Loads and vibration in larger models may cause premature failure of the servo resulting in damage or injury to property and persons.

Important: Do not use liquid thread lock with the DS821 servo!

Do not use any form of liquid thread lock to secure the servo arm screw to the output shaft of the DS821 servo. Chemicals in these liquids react with the polycarbonate gear set causing the plastic to become brittle, fracturing the final output gear.
Vibration seems to be the culprit, personally I wouldn't run them in any nitro heli.

Wow I did not known that BH could you please post the link to that I want to check it out and see what servos are ok to use. Looks like I'll be buying a few new servos.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:01 PM
BarracudaHockey

http://www.jrradios.com

its probably on Horizonhobby.com somewhere too
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 AM
haasjj

Thank you for the link. What surprises me is that JR and Horizon Hobby sell the new JR X9303 heli version with 4 JR 821 servos, and on Horizon Hobbyy's web site there is no disclaimer about the 821 servo.

Thank you for pointing that out BarracudaHockey. I will be looking into some new servos for my raptor. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRP2920
Old 12-27-2007, 03:58 PM
BarracudaHockey

9252's would be my first upper mid level choice. Ron's has them for 69 each I think, anything will work on the throttle so you really only need the 3 swashplate servos. http://www.ronlund.com