Search
Notices

My first canopy modification...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
erichantal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first canopy modification...

I bought a full body canopy for my raptor 30 and I realy didn't like the color so I took on the project to strip it, change the color and put down some new decals... I only have to put down the clear on it... I think it turn not too bad... what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98396.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	828673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40114.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	828674  
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
soop7667

Default RE: My first canopy modification...

Interesting...What do I think? I think your canopy looks pretty good. NICE JOB!

On another note, I think they should all be removed from RCUniverse all together, for the simple fact that RCUniverse should treat Mark Ryder the same way he would treat them. If you had a logo on your photo's from any other forum, I'd say leave them, but dude - You have a Run Ryder logo on your pictures, Run Ryder is a totally over-controlled, censored forum that should be wiped from the face of the internet. If you posted pictures on Run Ryder with another forum's logo embossed on it, he'd close your thread, terminate your account, and forbid the pictures from being seen by anyone. DOWN WITH MARK RYDER!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
USMC2111

ORIGINAL: soop7667

Interesting...What do I think? I think your canopy looks pretty good. NICE JOB!

On another note, I think they should all be removed from RCUniverse all together, for the simple fact that RCUniverse should treat Mark Ryder the same way he would treat them. If you had a logo on your photo's from any other forum, I'd say leave them, but dude - You have a Run Ryder logo on your pictures, Run Ryder is a totally over-controlled, censored forum that should be wiped from the face of the internet. If you posted pictures on Run Ryder with another forum's logo embossed on it, he'd close your thread, terminate your account, and forbid the pictures from being seen by anyone. DOWN WITH MARK RYDER!!!
Soop, I don't see anything in his picture that says anything about runryder. What are you talking about?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
erichantal

In respect for soop I fixe my mystake... sorry about the confusion... I wanted to put it on the board too fast and I didn't had access to the pics at the time. The next best thing I was able to do was to cut and past for the other site... I didn't realise the logo stayed with it and as I'm new to the Heli scene I had no idea there was some problemes with the different heli board... Sorry if I offended some peoples... that was not my intention...

For the picture now without the logo...lol[:-]

This is what the heli looked like before... and you saw what it look now...

Sorry again about the confusion...
Eric
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53035.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	828905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30549.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	828906  
Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
soop7667

Ya - there's nothing wrong with other Heli forums, BUT, The policy of Run Ryder, if you ask me, is teerible, and had you posted a pic at run ryder with some other forums logo on it, you most likely would of had your account suspended. That's just what Run Ryder is all about, but - Like I said - NICE JOB ON THE CANOPY!! And no offense taken - It's more about my position where as Run Ryder is concerned.

Ummm anyways - Lets stay off that topic - because this topic is about your Canopy Job - Didn't mean to Hijack your thread - SORRY!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
erichantal

Hi gang...
Still waithing for my clear coat... I called around for some quote on price and the best I got was for $40.00 but the guy come and pick it up at my place and brings it back when done... He is pretty busy with all of Christmas time and all so will be doing it first thing next year... a bit pricy but I would have taken at lease 2 cans of clear for me to do it myself and the job would't be as nice at the end... not counting the time involved... anyway will post the glossy result next years...
On that Hope you guys have a merry Christmas and a Happy new years...

Hope Santa is generous in Heli part...lol
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Soop:

You need to take a chill pill. You went there with the wrong attitude and got banned. It would happen on any forum. This is no place to create that kind of animosity. The original thread got locked for that same reason.

erichantal:

Although I did not get to see the original pictures, I don't think it was worth your time to repost them.

Good job on the canopy. I would be interested to see them in the dimming light of the late afternoon or early evening. If you haven't cleared it yet, I would use some contrasting color to aid in orientation in low light conditions.

Rafael
Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 PM
erichantal

Thanks for the good word Raphael,

For the contrasting color I have the original canopy with regular sticker package for the late evening... I have also placed another crest sticker on the botom part of the canopy...

It's just that with the tail cover I thaught it was a nice way to play with the superman cape...

But point taken for the visibility and I will have to be careful of the time I use it...

Thanks again and it's funny that a little logo on a picture interest more and create more attention than the pictures itself... Am I that bad a photographer...lol
Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 PM
soop7667

Soop:

You need to take a chill pill. You went there with the wrong attitude and got banned. It would happen on any forum. This is no place to create that kind of animosity. The original thread got locked for that same reason.
Ummm anyways - Lets stay off that topic
Just let it go
Old 12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: erichantal
...It's just that with the tail cover I thaught it was a nice way to play with the superman cape...
I had to take a second look at the pictures to notice that! I noticed the red, but it did not dawn on me. I looked too fast! That is great!

Rafael
Old 12-20-2007, 02:57 AM
elecfly

is it a bird ?

is it a plane ?

no its a raptor 30

Looks good
Old 12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Big feet

Nice paint job, but I have one very serious question;

Do you have to wear your underpants on the outside when you fly with this canopy fitted??? []
Old 12-20-2007, 08:40 PM
erichantal

Only when there is a lady in distress...lol[8D]