Search
Notices

first flight on raptor 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 AM
poison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first flight on raptor 30

I have been flying electric helicopters for a few months now axe 400 sold one of my planes to buy a raptor 30. Just got her started up on saturday man shes awsome I missed the smell of nitro its like a drug or something, anway the raptor was a smooth flying machine! love it only got one flight in than it started raining[] I am so excited can't wait tell the next chance I get to fly it.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: first flight on raptor 30

Congrats! I love my rappy 30 too, and i do believe nitro is addictive
Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
[email protected]

pleased you liked your raptor 30 i got one and its so much fun .going to get a bigger one . from kiwi.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
r2helis
My Feedback: (2)

Hi poison, I have both the R30V1 and the R30V2. The V1 is a very high time heli and some replacement parts are getting harder to find. Both helis are a blast to fly. Your hooked now. Hang in there, have fun and I wish you well. [8D]
Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 AM
cmgtech1

I remember how amazed I was when I moved from a small electric to a .30 sized Nitro. The stability of the .30 blew me away. Because of a tragic misunderstanding between my .30 Venture and the ground, I found myself needing to build a new heli[sm=72_72.gif]. The Raptor 50 Titan happened to fit my shopping list of what I wanted in a heli and I've really enjoyed flying it. Very stable and lots o power. The stability seems about the same as the .30, but man the power increase is crazy! Can't imagine what a .90 sized heli woudl feel like!

I'm glad you're enjoying your step from the 400 class electrics to the nitro bird. I like the electric stuff just fine, but it doesn't give me the same kick in the pants as the sound and smell of the nitro models.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
poison

ya you know i have been doing some loops with my electrics trying to get enough nerve to do one with my raptor do you guys do any tricks with your 30 size raptors do they loop and fly inverted good I am sure they do but I just don't want to crash her
Old 10-25-2009, 02:05 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

And just think - that 30 can become a 50 easily! Motor, pipe, motor mount, fan, boom gears, and blades, and you then have a Raptor 50 - same weight, with more power (power is good!!!). The Raptor 30 and 50 share the same frame.

Mark
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM
poison

ya I here you can up grade a 30 to a 50 more power is a good thing
Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 PM
cmgtech1

I fly a Raptor 50 Titan, but have a buddy that flies a 30 sized rappy and he has no problem doing aerobatics. Just be sure you set up an "idle up" or "stunt" mode so you can increase thottle as you get to the negative side of the collective stick. If your raptor is pretty much a standard build, then you'll find the roll rate a bit slow, so I would suggest a "flip" or 1/2 loop to inverted to begin with. The slow roll rate into the inverted position really only becomes a handicap if you find yourself in a position where you need to be able to roll out quickly to bail out of a maneuver.

I've not gone to the lighter paddles on my Titan and the roll rate is pretty slow. Still... I find a combination of climbing/rolling to be the quickest way out of most "situations". Of course... try things up high to begin with and work it down as you become more and more comfortable.

On your 1st loop with the 30, carry a good bit of forward speed into the maneuver and as you pull it over the top ease off of the collective some to help keep the head speed up. Let the head speed drop too much and interesting things start happening that your flying buddies will want to capture on film.[sm=75_75.gif]
Old 10-31-2009, 09:03 PM
poison

ya ok thanks for the help I have my stunt mode ready to go but I notice when I hit full positive my motor sounds weak I may need more throttle not sure yet I just put a high power muffler on so going to try that out when I get the next chance wish me luck