Search
Notices

Red Line 53H Crap

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 PM
delirium_knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Line 53H Crap

Im Very much not impressed with my RL-53H Engine i got with my Raptor Titan SE.I didnt even manage to run a tank of fuel through it. The Connecting Rod Blew up. Bottom skirting on the piston Cracked off and Engine Is now locked up Solid. Its getting sent back to the manufacture for replacement. Never even got to fly the helicopter. I was in the initial stages of getting needles set. Running rich for good break in. ( im not a newbie to glow). while trying to set needles. The engine started making a ticking sound and then died. Tried to start it and it was locked up. Pulled the engine out and connecting rod broke and piston damaged. Piece OF CRAP!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
fieromx3

Default RE: Red Line 53H Crap

this just happpened on my 39h from thunder.... brand spankin new and had my 2nd tank throught it and boom! the rod broke! i hear this happening alot in thunder tiger engines.... thing was also very touch to tune... since then i got an os37 and so far this thing is an AWSOME motor not a whole lot of power but tuning and how smooth it runs is awsome.... os all the way!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Thunder Tiger has released some VERY top shelf products the last few years, and back 10 years or so they'd hired away some O.S. engineer who pu ttogether some very nice engines for them.
I don't know what the scoop is now but I've heard they have some real problems with the high rpm two strokes.
I'll bet they fix them and they wind up being excellent, but that doesnt help the guy with a new heli and engine having to hassle with this sort of nonsense. The man didn't just fall off the turnip truck, so there's no question that this wasn't an overheated/over rev'd deal.
O.S. is a hell of a company. Someone else always has something "just as good", ''O.S.'s are too expensive" but I'll tell you there's a reason they're expensive....they're freakin' worth it and top shelf, like they've always been.
As beautifully crafted and engineered as those TT heli's are an O.S. would look right at home . Doug

Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
ACEHOBBYCS

I'm not sure if we assisted the customer with the Pro39H engine's con rod but if you send it in and provide me with a receipt within three years I will fix it no problem. I have plenty of customers who are more than happy with their PRO39H engines and actually prefer it to the OS37. I mean OS makes a great product and the other gentleman is right we did have an OS engineer design some engines for TT. Now to address the RL53H engine from the gentleman from Garden City <state><place>Kansas</place></state> who I have talked to today. We are taking care of his engine we will repair it not replace it free of charge and the failure was due to the engine being run to lean indicated by the ring being chrome and polished color rather than blackish. We are repairing his engine under warranty as a one time courtesy he was using our R3 plug but running 10% Nitro witch the manual does call for. But the fuel he was running from Magnum only contained 18% oil content and our manual calls for 25% also magnum is pure synthetic and we call for a blend. Either way if you check with guys in the field and our Helicopter team they prefer 15% to 30% Nitro any fuel by Omega,Odonnel and anything by Cool power if you run 30% you use both shims for the head and it should run like a beast and run very cool. We are not posting this to ridicule or embarrass this customer we appreciate his business and want to post this to educate people. This engine is very hard to tune no matter how many years you have been doing glow just a fact of a high performance engine. If anyone has an issue with any TT engine please PM me of email me directly using the information below.

<personname><personname>Jonathan Cordova</personname></personname>
Customer Service Representative
ACE Hobby, Inc.
<address><street><address><street>26021 Commercentre Drive</street>
</address>, CA. 92630
P: 949.900.3300 Ext: 1254
F: 949.900.3301
E: [email protected]
<http://www.acehobby.com

</street><city><city>Lake Forest</city></city></address>

Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
B.CANN

ive had my 30 raptor for 6 years with the pro 39h motor and never had any problems with it