Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Wing tote bags

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Wing tote bags

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
B.Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing tote bags

And easy and cheap wing tote, or carrying bag can be made from shipping blankets. Simply go to Harbor Frieght or where ever you can get them pick up a 72x80 blanket for about $11.00.
If your wings are greater than 80" get two of them and sew them together. But if 80 or less one will do fine. Simply fold the blanket over in three equal parts, making sure the length is 80' and sew them together. Or you can make two individual bags for wing halves. But is is too simple to make one bag and put both halves in and fold them over.
You can use Zippers, Snaps or Velcroto attach them together if you like. But a large needle and thread works great.
Wala a very nice tote bag and you did not have to spend a lot of money... Now your wings won't get beat up when you travel to the flying field.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wing tote bags

ORIGINAL: B.Day

And easy and cheap wing tote, or carrying bag can be made from shipping blankets. Simply go to Harbor Frieght or where ever you can get them pick up a 72x80 blanket for about $11.00.
If your wings are greater than 80'' get two of them and sew them together. But if 80 or less one will do fine. Simply fold the blanket over in three equal parts, making sure the length is 80' and sew them together. Or you can make two individual bags for wing halves. But is is too simple to make one bag and put both halves in and fold them over.
You can use Zippers, Snaps or Velcroto attach them together if you like. But a large needle and thread works great.
Wala a very nice tote bag and you did not have to spend a lot of money... Now your wings won't get beat up when you travel to the flying field.
Thanks for the tip. I have seen guys use the shipping blankets and they work good. I have some Harbor Freight blankets but did not use them.

Another great way is what a freind and I call the "poor man's wing bag." I make mine out of Reflectix and a roll of contractor grade duct tape. A whole roll of Reflectix is around 40 dollars at Lowes or Home Depot.

I think I have made five sets out of that one roll and two were 30cc planes! Works great and is lighter in weight too. I just put some Velcro on the flap and good-to-go.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: B.Day

If your wings are greater than 80'' get two of them and sew them together. But if 80 or less one will do fine. Simply fold the blanket over in three equal parts, making sure the length is 80' and sew them together. Or you can make two individual bags for wing halves. But is is too simple to make one bag and put both halves in and fold them over.
Thanks for the tip. I have seen guys use the shipping blankets and they work good. I have some Harbor Freight blankets but did not use them.

Another great way is what a freind and I call the ''poor man's wing bag.'' I make mine out of Reflectix and a roll of contractor grade duct tape. A whole roll of Reflectix is around 40 dollars at Lowes or Home Depot.

I think I have made five sets out of that one roll and two were 30cc planes! Works great and is lighter in weight too. I just put some Velcro on the flap and good-to-go.
Ive used Reflectix and duct tape. Works perfectly fine.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
bikerbc

I Have been ujsing the cheap sleeping bags from Wall mart or where ever...They cost next to nothing and come in lots of colours...I got some yellow ones that match my 1/3 cub and fit quite well for $12.00 each They were kids size...Lots of the guys at my club are using them now....
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They use them because it is COLD up there