Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

H9 Corsair retract problem

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

H9 Corsair retract problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 08:39 AM
funflyer50
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Corsair retract problem

I'm in the process of setting up the retracts on my H9 Corsair 60. The problem I'm having is removing the play when the gear is in the retracted position. I was able to remove the play in the down position by using the set screw. I have tried to adjust the control rod at the servo and made adjustments to the linkage in the wing panel below the retract mechanism. None of this has worked. The linkage at the servo arm is spaced at least one inch as specified in the directions. The servo is rotating 180 degrees and not binding. Although the servo rotates the control rods all the way to the retracted position, the wheels do not retract flush with the wing panel. There is approx. 1/2 inch of free play. The control linkage from the servo is as far as it will go in the retracted position.
Am I missing an adjustment screw? The set screw I adjusted to remove the play in the down position seems to only remove the play in the down position. I also have one more question. How does one know if the gear is locked in position? When the gear is in the down position, I applied some force to the gear to see if it was locked and the servo started to rotate. This makes me believe the gear is not locking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.