Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

"Pilot" Piper Cub .20 need ideas on how to successfully build it ( I do not have plans)

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

"Pilot" Piper Cub .20 need ideas on how to successfully build it ( I do not have plans)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 08:08 PM
propjaw
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Pilot" Piper Cub .20 need ideas on how to successfully build it ( I do not have plans)

Hello. I have just purchased a no longer produced "Pilot" quick build series piper cub .20 kit. The kit had no plans but I really liked the quality of the model and wanted it to try to build build anyway. I have built a few kits but I really could use some help in this matter. My question is: When faced with this type of situation (no plans), what are some ideas and input on how I can tackle this project? Does anyone have a set of plans for this particular model? Thank you for any advice and ideas. Avion
Old 09-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Tsutomu Mabuchi
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: "Pilot" Piper Cub .20 need ideas on how to successfully build it ( I do not have plans)

How about e-mail to OK Models? They may have the manual.
"Pilot" QB series have been discotinued long time ago, but they
were from OK Models in Japan.

[email protected]

I built it almost 25 years ago with OS 25 R/C, old cross scavenged
engine, coated it with film, did not fly though.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 09-25-2004, 08:35 PM
propjaw

Default RE: "Pilot" Piper Cub .20 need ideas on how to successfully build it ( I do not have plans)

Thank you Tsutomu. I am sending e-mail to them.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:49 PM
propjaw

Tsutomu, When you stated in your reply that it did not fly, did you mean that you never did get the chance to fly it or that it just did not fly because of the design?