Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Masking with Frisket?

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Masking with Frisket?

Old 10-06-2006, 09:15 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Masking with Frisket?

Anybody got any tips on masking off areas with Frisket? I'm trying to get some nice radius' in the trim scheme...
thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Rick W
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Masking with Frisket?

[>:]

Hey,

Get yourself some fine line tape, this is a thin plastic tape used for laying out flames, you can get it at some auto parts stores that handle automotive paints. Spendy thought but enough to do several planes. You can lay out your lines with the tape and frisket on top of the tape, use a sharp knife to cut the frisket on top of the tape following your lines. Remove the frisket you don't need. This tape also helps stop bleed under.

Go to this website I think they show how to do it. www.autoaircolors.com

Good luck, best part of building is sanding and painting....I also like really hot food....

Rick
Old 10-08-2006, 09:26 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Default RE: Masking with Frisket?

I like the matte finish rather than glossy, so I can draw my pattern on it. Keep in mind, that it does not like compound curves.

Les