Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

choosing another (new) one quad, help :)

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

choosing another (new) one quad, help :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Quadimodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default choosing another (new) one quad, help :)

Hi all, I'm going to grow up on this fun hobby.. Starting with a cx10, fun but too small and light and with limit of wifi, after I got a jxd509g that is a good entry level quad but not too much affordable (mine fly away at not so much altitude and I did'n t find it anymore) good cam but with the jello effect. Now I'll like to buy a new one, a step up, but under 200$. I'm not looking for something pro not important racing or not, just having fun and take good some video/pic.
So if you could help me to find my new one, I need that it will be affordable (no risk to loose control at normal altitude or distance-I'm really scared of this!) and that takes good pic/video (the level of jxd509 is good enough x me)without jello with FPV by radio-monitor (eg jxd509) and that allows me to buy and use some day those kind of 'eye-visor' and with at least 5-6 min battery and that I can change it easily. Thank you
Old 11-10-2016, 08:30 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

When you are making the transition into hobby grade equipment, one of the big expenses is the radio. You've already discovered that the inexpensive "all in one" quads aren't very good. I really consider them to just be wasted money because you can't fix them, they don't last, and they aren't worth trying to sell when you get tired of them. So I'm going to suggest getting yourself a good radio and stepping up to hobby grade equipment. The Blade 350 is a nice quad. It can carry a good camera like a GoPro or Mobius, it's durable, has plenty of range, and will be reliable too. And if you do crash it, you'll be able to fix it for a fairly low cost.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Quadimodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for answer and what you say is truth! But I can't manage that kind of budget. I Also will not use so frequently and not for pro use. I would like just a not too expensive Item, no need race features, no need that goes hundred meters high , the most important is that is enough affordable, no jello or similar and that the battery lasts a bit or is fast changable. If possible without alt hold or turnable off. A all in one is my money and use target at now. So looking for some thing up the jxd509 and down a racer 250 (that I should buy if able to spend that money ). Some like Wltoys q303, cheerson cx20 (but don't have visor )

That's all , if someone can suggest me something in that range of model and price (max 200usd complete )with the features asked . More than a toy but not a really rc that I can't. Ty
Old 11-11-2016, 03:59 PM
jester_s1

Sure, you can buy a $150 RTF quad. Then when it breaks, you can buy another one. When you want to upgrade, you'll be buying everything over again too. Or you can buy a good radio and a hobby grade quad, probably $300-$350 invested, which will cost you $20 when you break it. Of course, it won't break as easily either. Then when you want something better, you'll already have a radio and charger which lowers your cost on the next one. There is such a big jump in quality when you go to hobby grade items the cost is well worth it. You'll get motors that run quiet and don't shake, mounts that stay on, a flight controller that holds the quad steady, a reliable radio, and a frame that can take a bump now and then.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:39 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out syma. they make ok ones. i think mine is a 5c sw and it has a wifi connection to smartphones but is kinda choppy and the signal fade in like 8 feet. other than that they are good for a toy quad. flips in a few directions and i had mine up far enough that it looked the size of a fly. you can order props and motors online.
no it's not hobby grade but for 60 or so bucks i'm happy with it. the motors do die so pick up a few from the net. be sure to get 2 cw and 2 ccw motors so you have enough to replace each motor once.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:18 PM
jester_s1

If you really need to go low budget get a Turnigy radio and use Hobby King components and a KK flight controller. Get a Turnigy charger and 2-3 lipos while you're at it. You'll probably be $250-$300 invested when you're done, but at least you'll have a flyable bird that will last.