Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

FJ NEW BRIGHT BUILD UP THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 PM
THErcnoobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FJ NEW BRIGHT BUILD UP THREAD

WELL I SEEM TO HAVE RECIEVED MY FJ EARLIER THEN EXPECTED. SO WHAT I DID WAS CUT UP THE FRAME, PAINTED IT ALL FLAT BLCK, ADDED SOME CHROME TO IT TO GIVE IT A CLEAN SHINY LOOK, MOVED IN THE SUSPENSION AND CUT THREE COILS, SMALL STRINGS WERE ADDED TO STOP THE WHEELS FROM GOING UNDER THE BODY AND LAST OF ALL FOR TODAY IS THE CHROME TINT I ADDED TO THE WINDOWS. OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT I PUT A STICKER ON TOP OF A FJ CRUISER ADVENTURE TEAM. I FIGURE I SHOULD ADD IT SINCE IT GOES WITH THE STYLE. MORE TO COME LIKE l.e.d.s AND AFTER THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO OR WHAT I SHOULD DO. SO HERE ARE SOME PICS.ENJOY oh, i almost forgot i made a video of my crawler flexin on top of books and shoe boxes. i will post it up as soon as you tube formats it.

[img] [/img]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14296.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1168979  
Attached Images        
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 PM
THErcnoobie

Default RE: FJ NEW BRIGHT BUILD UP THREAD

SO NOW I GOT L.E.D.s INSTALLED. I STILL NEED TWO MORE FOR THE FRONT STOCK LIGHTS AND TWO FOR THE RED ONES IN THE BACK. I INSTALLED LIMITING STRAPS AND MADE THE WHEEL BASE LONGER.[NOT SHOWN IN PICS, ONLY IN VID]. I ALSO HAVE A VIDEO TO POST UP OF MY CRAWLER AND HOW ITS EXTENDED WHEELBASE IMPROVES CRAWLING. I ALSO DID THE TIRE MOD ON THE FRONT TIRES ONLY. I STILL HAVE TO DO THE BACK. WHAT I DID WAS I GOT RID OF THE SMALL ONES ON THE OUTSIDE. I MADE A PATTERN IN THE MIDDLE WITH THE SMALL ONES SO I COULD BE DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE OTHER TIRES AND I SEEMS TO WORK BETTER. I ALSO MADE 6 SLITS ON THE TIRE ON EACH SIDE. NEXT I WILL ADD WIEGHTS TO THE FRONT TIRES. FOR NOW THIS IS WHAT I GOT. I HAVENT BEEN ON LATELY BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF DOING SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER BUILDS. IM STILL CURRENTLY THINKING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 PM
THErcnoobie

OK, IM CHANGING UP THE WHOLE ROCK CRAWLER GAME. I WILL REBUILD THIS WHOLE ROCK CRAWLER. I WILL FIRST START OFF BY PAINTING THE CHASIS AND THE AXELS A BRILLIANT CHROME. SECOND, MORE L.E.D.S WILL BE INSTALLED. THIRD 2.2 TIRES WILL BE INSTALLED. I DID SOME HOMEWORK AND FOUND THAT 2.2 SIZE TIRES WILL FIT A STOCK NEW BRIGHT RIM WITH SOME FORCE. AND FINALLY I WILL MAYBE INSTALL SOME OIL SHOCKS. I WILL NEED TO HAVE A GREAT IMAGINATION TO FIND OUT HOW TO PUSH THE SHOCKS INWARDS. FOR NOW ITS RAINING FOR A LONG TIME OVER HERE. SO SADLY NO PAINTING FOR ME FOR A WHILE. IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL CLEAN OFF ALL THE MUD ON MY CRAWLER.[I WENT OFFROADING IN THE MUD AT NIGHT WITH MY L.E.D.S LEADING ME AROUND] SO I THINK NOW THAT ITS RAINING I WILL GO TO THE HOBBIE SHOP AND PICK OUT SOME FAIRLY PRICED TIRES. OVER THE NEXT COMING WEEKS I WILL BE DOING THIS PROJECT. HOPEFULLY I WILL FINISH IT IN NO MORE THAN A MONTH. SO, NOW IM OFF TO READING FORUMS FROM THE PAST TO DO MORE RESEARCH.

HERE ARE SOME GOODIES I GOT TODAY. PRIMER, CHROME PAINT, CLEAR COAT AND L.E.D.S, ALL UNDER 8 BUCKS AT WALMART

Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
THErcnoobie

ok done painting today. got it primed and put on the chrome. i wasnt happy with the chrome. so tommorow i will give it 3-5 more coats of chrome.here are some pics.

CHROME, WELL UH FAKE WAL-MART CHROME TO BE EXACT.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 PM
THErcnoobie

NEW UPDATE:MY GUIDE TO INSTALLING L.E.D.S
MATERIALS:l.e.d.s, a drill, hot glue gun, wire striper
STEP 1
drill a hole in where you want to put your l.e.d.[i drilled one behind the existing headlight]

STEP 2
put your l.e.d. in the hole

STEP 3
get the hot glue gun and glue it in place

STEP 4
after that get all your positive wires and put them together. do the same for the negative wires.THEN GO TO RADIO SHACK AND BUY A 9.6V BATTERY REPAIR GET AND USE THAT TO HOOK THE WIRES TO YOUR BATTERY PACK.

LATEST UPDATES ON MY CRAWLER. WHEN I PAINTED MY CRAWLER IT WAS NOT CHROME AND I WAS SAD. SO WAS MY DOG

BUT I LIKE THE NEW LOOK. ITS GREAT SO HERE ARE SOME PICS. MY PROJECT IS NOT YET FINISHED. I STILL NEED TP PURCHASE NEW TIRES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A RESPONSE ON THIS POST

Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
THErcnoobie

painted my rims.the inner part a clear coated silver and the outer lip a clear coated flat black which looks glossy.here are some pics.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 PM
THErcnoobie

O.K. SO I RECIEVED ONE OF MY PURCHASES FROM EBAY YESTERDAY. HERE ARE SOME PICS. SO FAR I ONLY MOVED THE SUSPENSION INWARDS.I STILL AWAIT THE ARRIVAL OF A CIRCUIT BOARD FOR MY FORD F-150 AND A SECOND NEW BRIGHT.

ok got more done today. cut away at the chasis so the suspension could flex.ONE PROBLEM THE TIRES RUB ON THE FENDERS! did i cut away at it?no instead i gave the body a lift. problem solved. it doesnt look so cool with the body 1 inch higher of the ground but anything for the body to be saved. should i keep it like that or should i lower it and trim the fenders?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
texx

THErcnoobie ..
GREAT THREAD ..

Welcome to the forum ..

We will follow your work with interest .. THANK

Better here than at home alone ..

Old 03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<<<<<< Used To Be BeepBeepAJeep

RCnoobie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you made the transition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:52 PM
cobra69

Great rigs rcnoobie.....I would love to have that red ford
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
THErcnoobie

ORIGINAL: cobra69

Great rigs rcnoobie.....I would love to have that red ford
give me an offer if you want it. i was going to ue it for parts because i never use it.used it only once.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM
THErcnoobie

ORIGINAL: texx

THErcnoobie ..
GREAT THREAD ..

Welcome to the forum ..

We will follow your work with interest .. THANK

Better here than at home alone ..

much more better than being home alone.none of my friends are into rc's anyways.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
THErcnoobie

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

<<<<<< Used To Be BeepBeepAJeep

RCnoobie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you made the transition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes i will stay and in a little bit i will move on to a new project when i buy my traxxas slash.cant wait to get it.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Sunfirefoot

Ah yes gotta love hobby grade, the slash is very nice. Maybe i will save up and get the new Summit Traxxas came out with.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
THErcnoobie

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

Ah yes gotta love hobby grade, the slash is very nice. Maybe i will save up and get the new Summit Traxxas came out with.
i want to go hobby gradebecause its better and faster.i like the fact that the slash is fast, very durable and waterproof.my buddy is going to get one to.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

great work i to love hobby grade .. i intend to purchase the new savage flux within two weeks will post pics ..thanks ..
Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
KE4QPF

The question begs to ask... when are you going to ditch those toy shocks and put some manly-man oilers on those things?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Sunfirefoot

Agreed, Oil Shocks are worth the little $$ you will spend on them, don't waste your time dinking around with longer bolts etc., or if you can't afford the oil shocks atleast do the design by flapding. i was unable to find the instructions on the flapding shocks but maybe someone else can
Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 AM
KE4QPF

Forget flapding's shocks, the springers I made have adjustable spring travel. You can make them bounce like mad, or make some compression on them and limit the travel. They weren't all that expensive, but then again, the oil shocks aren't all that much either unless you want the latest in high-tech gadgetry.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
THErcnoobie

not sure about the oil shocks. my flex will be limited on my crawler with oil shocks and anyways the original work fine on the fj. i think i will install them on the jeep since its just siting there.i think i will do that. in the mean time im back to mowing lawns so i can have enough money for that slash.im only about 200 dollars and 50 front yards away, lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

looks great bro keep up the good work ..
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM
nbcrawler

who makes that f150 body that you have on the nb? the red one..

and what scale?

please let me know..

thanks!