Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Car Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
LochJessMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Search

Hi there. I'm looking for an RC car for a gift for my friend. I think we'd have a lot of fun having this as a hobby and eventually buy/build some nice cars in the future.

Unfortunately my price range is only about $50-$100 so I can't really buy the type of car I was hoping. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for cars that are a good start into an RC cars hobby. I was hoping to find a car that was easy to upgrade or buy better parts for so along the way we could learn how to build the cars.

I was looking into brands like Radline and Megatech. I liked Radline's cars and trucks which ran from $70 to $100, but I'm not sure if they're even still in business. Some stores have their cars listed as discontinued. I didn't want to get stuck with a car that I would not be able to purchase replacements for or upgrades.
Megatech had some nice cars around $100 but I wasn't sure if this was a good brand (I don't know what brands are good or not!) and if I'd be able to find parts for it relatively easily.

Obviously I'd need a car that works out of the box. Kits are far too expensive for me right now, though in the future I'd love to look into that sort of purchase.

I'll take any suggestions right now. Brands that are good, cars that are good. I just don't want to get a car that feels like a kid's toy but I feel pretty restricted since this is an expensive hobby to start.

Thanks so much!!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM
texx

Default RE: Car Search

LochJessMonster ..

I improved several rc / toy, and it was a great pleasure.

Yellow-crawler was a newbright 1/10 .. $ 35.00 ..

BIG-CRAWLER is also a newbright 1/6 .. $ 65.00

I brought them some changes, and they became rc / toy performance.

Browsing the forum, this will help you to find a model to begin in this area.

Thank
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM
DamoRC

Radlines are not being made anymore (although there seems to be a 1:18 in development)

RedCat Racing make the Sumo which is a Radline "Clone"
Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 PM
LochJessMonster

Thanks for all the info, guys.

Those Sumo's are awesome. Thanks so much! I think those are exactly what I was looking for.